Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Introductions

Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Hi all.
I am a technical consulting engineer for Intel Math Kernel Libraries (Intel MKL). I will be a backup host for this forum and look forward to reading and responding to topics on Intel MKL.
I like to hike and enjoy the great outdoors in the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
Please post your introductions to this thread so we can find more about each other.
Welcome to the Intel MKL forum.

Message Edited by wadoernx on 12-17-2003 09:28 AM

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hello,
I am a technical consulting engineer for the Intel Math Kernel Libraries (MKL). I will be acting as a backup host for this forum. I look forward to reading and responding to your MKL inquiries and topics.
Please post your introductions to this thread so we can find more about each other.
Welcome to the Intel MKL forum.
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Hello,
I'm (also) a technical consulting engineer for the Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL), andwill be a backup host. I've been working with the Intel MKL for about 4 years now in different capacities.
I look forward to discussing topics surrounding MKL.
Todd R.
Technical Consulting Engineer
0 Kudos
igino-pitacco
Beginner

Hello people,

I'm a researcher in the field of computational mechanics. Iteach Computational Mechanics and Dynamics of Structures at the University of Udine, Italy and develope Finite Element code for a small company.

I used the blas/cblas/lapack for many years and since version 6.* i'm an Intel MKL customer.

I'm very excited by SIMD2/3 extensions and now by the new sparse solver package added in MKL 7 beta. I didnt know PARDISO solver until Intel announcement but i know (scientifically) one of the authors.

Finally, I apologize for my "spaghetti" english.

Igino Pitacco

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

I am a technical consulting engineer for the Intel Math Kernel Libraries (Intel MKL). I am acting as a backup host for this forum. I look forward to discussing problems about MKL with you.

Chao Y

Technical Consulting Engineer

0 Kudos
amit
Beginner
Hi,

I am Amit Mohanty. I am a PhD student in Purdue University, West Lafayette, INDIANA. I do predominantly coding in MATLAB. I have been happy lately with MATLAB performance. BUt recently in a problem i encountered a matrix of size 7500*7500 and I hate the time I have to wait. It takes ages to compute. Therefore I am exploring other options to do linear algebra operation. And I have come across MKL and I hope it solves my problem and reduces computation time. Even if the computational time reduces by a second for each operation that would be a great help to me.

I must admit that I am new to MKL and loking forward to work with that.

I can be reached at amit @ amit mohanty. co m

REgards,
Amit

Message Edited by amit@amitmohanty.com on 08-19-2005 12:10 PM

0 Kudos
david-weinberg
Beginner

Hi Wendy,

I am in a real bind as I must get a new solver implemented in our application on a tight deadline. I bought the IMK hoping to use the Pardiso solver but am having issues just running the example test files. These are basic installation files. I have sent the issue to support over 3 weeks ago and all I am getting is "we are looking into it". What I need to know is if there is an issue or not. Could be something stupid on my installation. I have tried posting here as well on the 12th. This is very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message Edited by david-weinberg on 01-14-2006 02:27 AM

0 Kudos
mtambe
Beginner
My name is Michael. I a a first year PhD student in computational Materials Science at MIT in dreary Cambridge MA. I'm new to Fortran but not new to programming.
0 Kudos
fishertommy
Beginner

I use MS Visual Studio .Net and intel Visual Fortran 9.0 together with Inel MKL 8.0. When compiling the error messages show:

------ Build started: Project: get_gglse, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling with Intel Fortran 9.0...

gglse.f90

C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(26) : Error: This statement is positioned incorrectly and/or has syntax errors.

C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(29) : Error: This is an invalid statement; an END [PROGRAM] statement is required.

C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(115) : Error: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [WP]

(11901) : Severe: Too many errors, exiting

compilation aborted for D:Liquid CystalBiaxial FilmFor_testget_gglsegglse.f90 (code 1)

Build log written to "file://D:Liquid CystalBiaxial FilmFor_testget_gglseDebugBuildLog.htm"

get_gglse build failed.

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

It seems the intel compiler fails to compile its own math library? Could you tell me how to build the examples that come with intel MKL? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel
Hi,
I am aTechnical Consulting Engineer for the Intel Math Kernel Libraries (Intel MKL). I am also acting as a backup host for this forum.
I look forward to discussing various topics in MKL.
Vipin E
Technical Consulting Engineer.
0 Kudos
joesam
Beginner
I am Senior Software Engineer working with Park Controls & Communications Ltd., Bangalore in India. I am learning using MKL and checking the performance of the libraries for various uses. Iwill like to know more about it. Initially itself I have come across variosu problems, which I mailed inthe forum. Please help me in understanding more about MKL.
0 Kudos