Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6980 Discussions

Linking error (to _sdot_direct ) using custom mkl .

Eran_L_
Beginner

Hi,

When building a product using a custom dll of MKL (version - update 4 2016) on windows.I get the following error-  'error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sdot_direct referenced in function _mkl_dc_sdot_convert '

Do you know which function(s) I need to add to my function file in order to eliminate this error?

Thanks

Eran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jing_Xu
Employee

Could you share the following two to us, please?

1. the unresolved external symbol list, when you compile your application without linking to MKL libraries.
  2. the MKL function name list file for creating your custom library.
0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

The symbol "sdot_direct" is defined in interface library (both lp64 & ilp64, static & dynamic). If your architecture is 64 bits, the lp64 will be assumed to link for default even you forget to specify. But for 32 architecture, might be called convention by microsoft lib. Could you please tell me your architecture? And another idea, you could use some ldd tools (dependency walker) watching the dependencies of your custom dll. You will easily find if those required dll/lib has been depended on. Thanks.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
Eran_L_
Beginner

Thanks for your quick replies.

actually it was easier than I thought, I just added sdot_direct to my function list and it solved the issue. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos