Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll

panfang
Beginner
When I run my program, I got the following error message:

MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll

This program uses IPP 6.1, OpenCV 1.0, MKL 10.3 libraries.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks a lot : )

Jaiesy
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Jaisay,
You should to add the directory where these Libraries are installed to the system paths. As an example, for OpenCV, you have to add the $OpenCV2.0_installDir/bin or
for MKL it should be $MKL_Install_Dir/{ia32/intel64}/bin. The same with IPP.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
panfang
Beginner
Hi~ Gennady,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I used VisualStudio2005 -> Tools -> Options -> VC++ Directories -> Excutable files to add the bin folders for IPP, OpenCV1.1, MKL libraries.

If I run the program, the program will quit very soon and I get the error "MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll" again.

I don't know whether it is related to lib conflict. Previously I got this error http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opm-abort-initializing-libguide40dll/, after I use opencv 1.1 I get rid of it.

Thanks again for your help : ) I really appreciated.

Jaiesy
0 Kudos
panfang
Beginner
Hey, Gennady,

I just copied the dll under the release folder. I know this is a stupid way :p But the problem is solved somehow.

If I have many versions of OpenCV and I put all the bin folder paths in the system path, will this cause problem?

Thanks a lot :)

Jaiesy
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
I think yes. it would be much better if you set the last version of OpenCV ( say 2.2) first into the system PATH. Then this version will be used into your application.
0 Kudos
panfang
Beginner
OK, Thanks a lot :) Now I understand.
0 Kudos