Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL not installing

gary000
Beginner
Can anyone help with the following install probs? The following are the last lines of the /var/log/cluster/mkl91023_install.log file. MKL is being installed on a Gentoo distro and therefore I'm having to make these fixes.

---
D: Dirnames: /opt/intel/cmkl/9.1.023/tools/support YES (added files)
D: Dirnames: /opt/intel/cmkl/9.1.023/tools/support/data YES (added files)
D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Conflictname rdonly mode=0x0
D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Depends
D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Conflictname
D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Providename
D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Basenames
D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: Autorollback goal not set...nothing to do.
error: Failed dependencies:
/bin/sh is needed by intel-cluster_mkl91023-9.1p-023.noarch
/opt/intel/cmkl is needed by intel-cluster_mkl91023-9.1p-023.noarch
D: ========== recording tsort relations
D: ========== tsorting packages (order, #predecessors, #succesors, tree, Ldepth, Rbreadth)
D: 0 0 0 1 0 0 +intel-cluster_mkl91023-9.1p-023.noarch
Sat Sep 08 16:56:58: warn:
Sat Sep 08 16:56:58: (end)
Sat Sep 08 16:56:58: bye (1).

---
In the errors above, /bin/sh does exist, but /opt/intel/cmkl is never created at this point. I install as root so perms are available.

During the install, I received this msg in the output.
---
WARNING: RPM prevents installation into a non-default directory. Install destination is set to /opt/intel/cmkl/9.1.023
Press Enter to continue

Installing package...
Installation failed.
Please see /var/log/cluster_mkl91023_install.log for details.
---

My RPM version is ...
---
# rpm -v
RPM version 4.4.6

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gary000
Beginner
Yes, my system does do passwordless ssh. You said something that gave me question. I have been given the cluster edition to install, so I was trying to install this on a master node and I would then copy these libs to other parts of the file system where my compute nodes NFS to (diskless nodes).

But while following the install docs, it just failed w/ the above error msgs that didn't tell me much.

What is the difference between the cluster edition and the non-cluster edition? It sounds like your saying the cluster edition will ssh the install to the compute nodes.

Yes, I'm trying to install cluster MKL. I will make sure other nodes get access to the MKL, but for now, I'm just trying to install MKL on a single node.
0 Kudos