Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL summary statistics error

Chen__Jun
Beginner

I try to compute the mean of an array by the summary statistics function,  I am following the link

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/overview-of-summary-statistics-ss-in-intel-mkl-v103

However. after I compile it and run it, then it will have Segmentation fault (core dumped) error.

Here is my code:

int N     = 4;

VSLSSTaskPtr task; /* SS task descriptor */
    double x; /* Array for dataset */
    double mean; /* Array for mean estimate */
    double* w = 0; /* Null pointer to array of weights, default weight equal to one will be used in the computation */
    MKL_INT p, n, xstorage;
    int status;
    x[0] = 0.1;
    x[1] = 0.2;
    x[2] = 0.3;
    x[3] = 0.4;
    /* Initialize variables used in the computation of mean */
    p = 1;
    n = N;
    xstorage = VSL_SS_MATRIX_STORAGE_ROWS;
    mean = 0.0;

/* Step 1 - Create task */
    status = vsldSSNewTask( &task, &p, &n, &xstorage, x, w, 0 );

/* Step 2- Initialize task parameters */
    status = vsldSSEditTask( task, VSL_SS_ED_MEAN, &mean );

/* Step 3 - Compute the mean estimate using SS one-pass method */
    status = vsldSSCompute(task, VSL_SS_MEAN, VSL_SS_METHOD_1PASS );

/* Step 4 - deallocate task resources */
    status = vslSSDeleteTask( &task );

Almost the same as the example in the link. I don't know what is the problem, is it because i misunderstand the function?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chen__Jun
Beginner

When I use the example to check the error information, then I have

VSL_SS_ERROR_STORAGE_NOT_SUPPORTED.

I changed the format based on the reference, actually, there are only two kinds of storage format and neither of them does work. Could any one help me solve it? thanks before hand.

0 Kudos
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Jun,

Can you please clarify the version of Intel MKL and cpu you use in your experiments? Also, additional details on type of linkage and the version, 32- or 64 bit of the library would be helpful.

Thanks,

Andrey

0 Kudos
Chen__Jun
Beginner

Andrey N. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Jun,

Can you please clarify the version of Intel MKL and cpu you use in your experiments? Also, additional details on type of linkage and the version, 32- or 64 bit of the library would be helpful.

Thanks,

Andrey

Hi, Andrey,

Thanks for your reply, I figured out the problem that I miss some parts in the makefile of my code. After fixed it, it works.

0 Kudos
alyekt
Beginner

For folks who may see the same issue. You need to add the following to the compile line:

-DMKL_ILP64 -m64  

0 Kudos