Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL - why beta?

techwinder
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Until recently, I had been packaging my app with libraries dating back to 2018. These were wonderfully stable.

Recently however, due to a change of hardware, I installed mkl 2021.1-beta03 and distributed the app with these updated libraries. As a result, some users are now complaining of program crashes in the calls to the libraries.

So I have upgraded to beta05, repackaged the app, and I'm crossing my fingers...

The question is: why does this latest distribution have the attribute "beta" and does an LTS, i.e., stable version, exist?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

The current version of mkl is 2020. Recently ( see the announcement https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-math-kernel-library/topic/851518 ) we released the latest update 1 of this version. This is the latest stable version and you could take this from different channels.

The version 2021 is the beta as only targeted to be released by the end of this year. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
0 Kudos
techwinder
Beginner

Thanks. I'm lost however.
The link points to a page which requires registration, even though I'm already registered and logged in.
On the other hand, the current installer only proposes beta05

mkl_installer

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Which OS do you need?

0 Kudos
techwinder
Beginner

win64 please.

0 Kudos