Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Math Kernel Library 10.0 Installation bug

Brandon_B_1
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I needed some help. I'm attempting to install the Math Kernel Library on Mac (Several different OS versions. Yosemite being the primary test). When I download MKL 10.0, I get a .dmg named m_mkl_10.0.5.025. When mounted, the contents of the dmg are: Install, Install.txt, MKL_EULA.txt, Readme.txt, and Release_notes.htm. Opening the install.txt and reading the install directions, it tells me to mount and click install. Once I do this and it opens the installation window, the continue button is grayed out, and I cannot continue. I have tried three different mac computers including: late 2014 iMac, Macbook air and an older MAcbook pro. I believe that the error is in the program that I downloaded. If anymore information is needed, I'm happy to include what I can. I'm really just looking for some help. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

MKL 10.0.5 was released about six years ago (?) and was the last stand-alone version of MKL. Recent versions of MKL come bundled with the Intel C/C++ and/or Fortran compilers.

How big is the .dmg file that you obtained? I ask because a version that old may be just a place-holder; did you read the Readme.txt file that you found in the .dmg?

See this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/266460#comment-1600603 .

0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel

As mecej4 mentioned, that's a pretty old version of MKL.  We recommend to use the latest version, now being part of the Intel Parallel Studio XE, that can be downloaded from software.intel.com (eval).   Could you try the latest version and see if you face any issues?

--Vipin

0 Kudos
Brandon_B_1
Beginner

Thank you both for your posts. The link from mecej4 was very helpful. After reading the other posts and doing some more research, it looks like unfortunately, we can't just download the stand-alone version of mkl. 

I'm curious what my options are now though. This is for academic purposes (university research), so is there a discount or a license that I could get? Do I need to buy Intel Parallel Studio XE? The MKL is vital so any help is greatly appreciated.

This is the product that you were talking about, yes? https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/520134?wapkw=product+price+parallel+studio

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you qualify under the rules given at https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student , all that you need to do is register, download and install -- free of charge. I think that after registering you should be able to download just the MKL installer separately, if you wish, but you can try out some of the good features of the newer compilers that you may be allowed to obtain.

0 Kudos