Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Matlab and MKL PARDISO comparison

programmer85
Beginner

As long as I know Matlab take advantage of MKL.

[1] How can it happen that for the same unsymmetric sparse matrix (size of 20, 000 x 20, 000) that

In Matlab using A\\b and MKL PARDISO using steps ( analysis and symbolic factorization, numerical factorization forward and backward substitution including iterative refinement, termination to release all internal solver memory) I got about 300 times better performacne using Matlab than using PARDISO. ( I used the same CPU Intel i7 in tests).

???

[2] Are there any special options that could be applied to speed-up performance for PARDISO ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

adams,

yes, Matlab uses MKL inside. The performance problem that you bring to our attention is quite newfor us.How can we check it? Can you give us this unsymmetricmatrix for performing the result on our side?

What version of MKL you using? OS?

Was it in-core, hybrid or out-of-core modes?

Can you give the concrete performance numbers you got?

--Gennady

0 Kudos
programmer85
Beginner
send me a message with your mail and I will send you matrix with code and settings that I use
0 Kudos
Melvin_Robinson
New Contributor I
Can you post the code and attach the file?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
You can create the Private post and attach all data and source code which you want to share for us. The private post will guarantee that these data and source code will available only for you, me and my collegues from our ( MKL) team.
--Gennady
0 Kudos