Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6975 Discussions

Minimum Stack Size for MKL fast Memory Management

Jason_Jones1
Beginner

I have been getting data corruption and segmentation faults running mkl functions inside separate "pthreads" with mkl fast memory management turned on (I have no problems withmkl fast memoryturned off).

How large does the stack need to be to run mkl functions with mkl fast memory management enabled?

I assume this will be platform dependent - so maybe "how do I determine the minimum stack size needed to call mkl functions?" may be more correct. I knowhow to set it for my pthreads - I just need to know what minimum MKL needs.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Joson,Can you prepare and send us the example which produces this seg. fault.... we will try to look at this problem in details...
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Jason_Jones1
Beginner
Yes, I would be happy to send that to you. It will take some work to extract the relevant portions from the rest of the app. When I get a test example ready how should I send it to you?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
You can attach the examples into this thread. Please refer to this post how attach file to the forum.
if any confidentialinformation - please use Private thread.
--Gennady
0 Kudos