Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Numerical integration package in MKL

Byungmoon_C_
Beginner

Hi, 

I have "old" codes that call Fortran numerical_libraries routine GQRUL and DGQRUL for calculating Gauss-Legendre quadrature rule to perform numerical integration.  I used to be able to just put a line in the main routine "USE numerical_libraries" and subsequently was able to call GQRUL and DGQRUL functions.  

Currently, I have Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran with Rogue Wave IMSL 7.0 for Windows*

I have been trying to compile the old codes with routines from Numerical_libraries but I get the feeling that MKL that I have doesn't have GQRUL routine or in fact any kind of extensive array of routines for numerical integration that were in numerical_library.

Am I correct?  I really need to use Gauss-Legendre quadrature rule routine; how do I go about this?

Thanks,

Byung

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The routines that you are looking for are in the IMSL libraries, not in MKL. Likewise, "Use Numerical_Libraries" pertains to IMSL and not MKL. Specifically, that USE statement is appropriate if you are calling the IMSL routines using the F77 interface. If you are using the F95/F2003 interfaces, you may either USE the specific modules for GQRUL and GQRCF, or you can insert USE IMSL_LIBRARIES.

For this to work, there are steps that you need to take to make the IMSL libraries available in your Visual Studio projects. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries.

If you are using the command line environment, the /Qimsl flag of the Intel Fortran compiler may suffice, or you can use the various IMSL related flags such as FFLAGS, LINK_FNL, etc.

Have you tried building and running the example code given in the IMSL manual under GQRUL?

0 Kudos