Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6441 Discussions

Potential bug in complex versions of mkl_?omatadd

AC_Simon
Beginner

Hi all,

I think came upon a bug in the mkl_?omatadd routine, especially the complex versions. If both matrices A and B are conjugate transposed, the matrix A is only conjugated. I configured the zomatadd.c example file that intel provided in order to show that this is the case:

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 13.26.30.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 13.23.00.png

As you can see the results are the same, which is incorrect. The second computation gives the wrong answer.

There are actually two more cases I found, where the result is wrong:

1. A transposed and B conjugated: This combination conjugate transposes A instead of just transposing it.
  2. A conjugated and B transposed: This combination conjugate transposes B instead of just transposing it.

The example file is also attached for you to test it.

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

what version of mkl do you use?

AC_Simon
Beginner

I'm using the mkl that comes with 2020 update 2 parallel studio. I'm on MacOS. 

Gennady_F_Intel

Yes, you are right, that's the issue. You may escalate the case to Intel Online Service Center against Intel MKL.

AC_Simon
Beginner

Thanks for confirming the issue. There was already a ticket created by Khoros, is that enough? 

Gennady_F_Intel

the fix of the issue has been released in the latest oneMKL 2021.2 which available for download.

Gennady_F_Intel

The issue is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.