Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Programming with MKL Sparse?

farukhsharipov
Beginner

Questions:

I want to use MKL to solve a linear equation A*x=b,and this is a general one. My operation environment is: Windows XP, VS2005 plus Intel Fortran 10.1 plus MKL, and I follow the procedure to configure:

1 Select Project>Properties>Linker>General

2 For Additional Library Directories, add the architecture-specific ' lib' folder,

3 Select Project>Properties>Linker>Input

4 In the Additional Dependencies line, insert mkl_c.lib libguide.lib mkl_solver.lib

5Select Project>Properties>Fortran>General

6 For Additional Include Directories, add the' include ' folder

Is the above procedure right?

When I am trying to run example program to show the use of the "PARDISO" routine for symmetric linear systems, it gives me following error:

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISO referenced in function _MAIN__

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISOINIT referenced in function _MAIN__

Do i need to ' include something at the top of my codes? What should it be?

Thank you for your kind attention!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hi, probably these examples are not compatible we need to check it.

Id recommend you to look at the solver examples. You can find these examples in $MKL_ROOT/examples/solver directory.

In particular, you can find there C and Fortran versions of Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems examples.

Regarding the problem you met:

At first glance all your VS settings look correct including additional libraries:

mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib

Just for your information, please look at the following link. Probably it will useful for the future:

Compiling and linking your program with Intel MKL v.10.0 with VS 2005

<http://cmsadmin.cps.intel.com/NR/exeres/5e8054f7-2979-403e-abc3-82fcee20343d,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Update&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&wbc_mode=Basic>

--Gennady

0 Kudos
farukhsharipov
Beginner
Quoting - Gennady Fedorov

Hi, probably these examples are not compatible we need to check it.

Id recommend you to look at the solver examples. You can find these examples in $MKL_ROOT/examples/solver directory.

In particular, you can find there C and Fortran versions of Sparse Symmetric Linear Systems examples.

Regarding the problem you met:

At first glance all your VS settings look correct including additional libraries:

mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib

Just for your information, please look at the following link. Probably it will useful for the future:

Compiling and linking your program with Intel MKL v.10.0 with VS 2005

<http://cmsadmin.cps.intel.com/NR/exeres/5e8054f7-2979-403e-abc3-82fcee20343d,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Update&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&wbc_mode=Basic>

--Gennady

Privet Gennady,

Thanks for your reply, I tried example from $mkl_root/examples/solver/pardiso_sym_f.f

but I am still getting same error about pardiso:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PARDISO referenced in function _MAIN__

I also tried to use use mkl_pardiso statement in Fortran 90 example which I had but its not working.

Error 1 Error: Error in opening the Library module file. [MKL_PARDISO]

Regarding the link which you give me I cant access it.

One of the following alerts display when Google Chrome detects that the webpage you're trying to visit is unavailable.

can you please poke me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
farukhsharipov
Beginner

I am trying to use pardiso in a fortran 90 code. I have used the template pardiso_sym.f. I have rewritten in Fortran90 and I have included mkl_pardiso.f90, but I have many errors. It seems to me that in mkl_pardiso.f90 there is a interface statement at the end which seems unmeaningful. I removed this statement but it does not work. Is there any possibilities to have a full functioning examples of fortran90 code linked to pardiso?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Ok, let me time - I will try to create VS2005 project based on this file and upload to this thread. ( but only tomorrow )
--Gennady

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Hi, I didnt find pardios.f90 examples among solvers examples, but we have dss_sym_f90.f90 example.

Based on this example, I created and uploaded to this folder dss_f90.zip.

This is VS2005 project based dss_sym_f90.f90 source.

I used MKL 10.0 update 4 version. Please open the solution and you can see how to link mkl libraries.

For Pardsio example you have to link the same libraries.

I hope it helps you to create your owner f90 project.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
farukhsharipov
Beginner

Thanks for respond.

It might sound silly, but how can I get the file? I mean from which folder this new look of forum is really confusing.

0 Kudos
farukhsharipov
Beginner

Hi, I didnt find pardios.f90 examples among solvers examples, but we have dss_sym_f90.f90 example.

I used MKL 10.0 update 4 version. Please open the solution and you can see how to link mkl libraries.

--Gennady

how and from where i can get dss_f90.zip file??

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

--Gennady

how and from where i can get dss_f90.zip file??

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello, because of some problem with our Forum,
I have sent this package by email.
--Gennady

0 Kudos