Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

Qmkl:cluster and dynamic linking

michel_lestrade
Beginner
Hi,

I tend to use the dynamic run-time library for mixed C/Fortran projects. However, it seems like there is an incompatibility between /Qmkl:cluster and the dynamic run-time libraries (e.g. /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs). Using both flags causes the linker to look for mkl_blacs_intelmpi_dll.lib which does not exist.

I have fixed this before in my makefile projects by linking the required MKL lib files manually but it would be great if this issue could be addressed. Attached is a small Hello World project that reproduces the error; I am using the latest update (Dec. 20th 2011).

Also, I am using the Visual Studio GUI right now so I have no idea how to call the mpiifort wrapper from there. Is there something I should when compiling in that environment aside from adding the MPI inlcude and lib paths ?

Regards,

Michel Lestrade
Crosslight Software
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Petrov__Int
New Contributor III
Hi Michel,

Indeed, there is no such library.
mkl_blacs_dll.lib should have been used instead.
One thing you can try is to create a copy of mkl_blacs_dll.lib and name it mkl_blacs_intelmpi_dll.lib.

Best regards,
Vladimir