Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

[SOLVED] Installation fails on Linux (MKL 10.3.4.191)

matse
Beginner
Hello,
so my first issue with IMKL: I can't install it on my home computer, I downloaded the x32/x64 bit installer "l_mkl_10.3.4.191.tgz" and started install.sh. In the first step I get the warning "Missing optional pre-requisite -- unsupported OS", which is OK, since I'm using Arch Linux which is not officially supported. I chose to skip, entered my registration key an everything seems fine, then there comes the message

Checking the prerequisites. It can take several minutes. Please wait...

and after that the installer just fails in step 5:

Step no: 5 of 6 | Installation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3 Update 4 for Linux*
(for applications running on IA-32) component... failed
Installing Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3 Update 4 for Linux*
(for applications running on Intel 64) component... failed

Unfortunately there is not more output. I ran installation as root, but also tried to install it as a normal user in my home directory. Both methods fail. As I said I'm running Arch Linux x64 and there are no prebuilt packages available, that's why I use the installer.
Can anybody give me a hint how to solve this?
Thanks
matse

//EDIT: Problem solved, "cpio" was not installed.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello,
Sorry for the delaying in response. It's not clear how whether the problem was resolved or not.in the case of negative answer I will ask out Install Engineer to look at this problem.
--Gennady
0 Kudos