Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6993 Discussions

Trouble with installation/use of blas lapack

hervez
Beginner
Hello,
I have installed the mkl library on a 64 bits stystem running with Linux Federa 11.
When I try to link to the blas-lapack library, using the following option

--with-blas-lapack-dir=/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/lib/em64t/

I get the message :
You set a value for --with-blas-lapack-dir=, but /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/lib/em64t/ cannot be used

What is the problem and How can I solve ?

Thank you in advance

Herve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You would likely need to consult the link advisor on the right side of the forum header page. If this is an argument to a configure script for some software installation which expects an older version of MKL or a gfortran-compiled lapack such as might be available with a linux distro, you will have to study the situation yourself.
0 Kudos
jaewonj
Novice
Quoting - hervez
Hello,
I have installed the mkl library on a 64 bits stystem running with Linux Federa 11.
When I try to link to the blas-lapack library, using the following option

--with-blas-lapack-dir=/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/lib/em64t/

I get the message :
You set a value for --with-blas-lapack-dir=
, but /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.2.025/lib/em64t/ cannot be used

What is the problem and How can I solve ?

Thank you in advance

Herve

Try this. It works for me.

./config/configure.py --with-fc=0 --with-mpi=0 --with-blas-lapack-lib=[$MKL_LIB_PATH/libmkl_intel_lp64.a,libmkl_intel_thread.a,libmkl_core.a,libiomp5.a,libpthread.a,libm.a]

Assume libpthread.a and libm.a are installed on your linux box.

Use other than --with-fc=0 and --with-mpi=0 in case you want to use fortran compiler or MPI.

If you're still unable to configure, see $PETSC_DIR/make.log. You will find what went wrong.

Jaewon

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - jaewonj

Try this. It works for me.

./config/configure.py --with-fc=0 --with-mpi=0 --with-blas-lapack-lib=[$MKL_LIB_PATH/libmkl_intel_lp64.a,libmkl_intel_thread.a,libmkl_core.a,libiomp5.a,libpthread.a,libm.a]

Assume libpthread.a and libm.a are installed on your linux box.

Use other than --with-fc=0 and --with-mpi=0 in case you want to use fortran compiler or MPI.

If you're still unable to configure, see $PETSC_DIR/make.log. You will find what went wrong.

Jaewon

May be the best way to use mklvarsem64t.sh or mklvarsem64t.csh to set all libraries and compilers environment variables (INCLUDE, MKLROOT,LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH, LIBRARY_PATH, CPATH, FPATH ) in the current user shell....
--Gennady

0 Kudos