Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6980 Discussions

Unhandled exception at 0x75724192 (KernelBase.dll). Module not found.

Podczerwinski__Craig

I'm using the using the latest Windows update, the latest update of the 2020 version of the mkl library and the latest update of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community edition.  I've run the Windows system file checker to verify my operating system files. I'm using C++. My application is a simple console application.

The code below throws an exception which I am unable to catch.  It seems to indicate that I am having a path problem. I've pursued this in the Microsoft forums. They referred me to you. Can you help.

try
{
info = LAPACKE_dgetrf(LAPACK_ROW_MAJOR, A.nRows, A.nColumns, aP, A.nColumns, ipiv);

catch (int eNumber )
{
printf("LAPACKE_dgetrf() threw exception number: %d\n", eNumber );
free(aP);
delete ipiv;
return Result;
}
if( info != 0 )
  { 
  free(aP);
  delete ipiv;
  return Result;
  }

Here is the debugger output I receive.

Unhandled exception at 0x75724192 (KernelBase.dll) in CraigsSystem.exe: 0xC06D007E: Module not found (parameters: 0x00F5F9A4). occurred

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

This is an unknown issue for v.2020. Could you give us the full reproducer with the input data which we could compile and investigate the problem on our side?

0 Kudos
Podczerwinski__Craig

Thank you for getting back to me and offering to help.

I resolved the issue by copying all of the .dlls in the redist folder into Debug folder in which my executable was located. When I did this the application ran successfully.  

I had previously only had copies of mkl.rt.dll and mkl.intel_thread.dll in the folder.

Regards

Craig

0 Kudos
Podczerwinski__Craig

I continued to have the module not found issue problem when I used the functions in a Windows Universal App even though I had placed copies of all of the dlls in the redist folder in the application's AppX folder.  I noticed that the redist folder did not have copies of libiomp5md.dll and libiompstubsmd.dll.  I had copies of them from an earlier installation.  I placed them in the AppX folder and the application ran successfully. 

I noticed that these are distributed with the Inlet compiler.  Is there any documentation that provides a full list of dlls that I need to package with applications?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Yes, probably this part is not well articulated. You may take a look at the Linking with Compiler Run-time Libraries from the User's Guide.

The full list of dll includes the all dll/so from redist folder + libiomp5md.dll/so ( ..\redist\intel64\compiler\ ) +   libtbb.dll/so ( ..\redist\intel64\tbb\ )

0 Kudos