05-09-2011 12:29 PM
I just upgraded to Visual Fortran XE (Windows) from Fortran 11. I run a FEM code in 32 bits and I was running out of memory (dss_solver), so I was suggested to try Win 64 to fix this.
When I tried to compile in 32 bits in initially I had a problem with "libguide.lib cannot be found". I believe I fixed it. I also transferred the existing libraries from 32 and 64 bits to the linker. I added the mkl_intel_lp64.lib in the project's library.When trying to compile in 32 bits I have success, but when I try x64, I am getting problems with the DSS commands. It gives me the following errors:
Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol mkl_serv_set_progress ---> in File: mkl_intel_lp64.lib(_dss_delete_lp64.obj)
Error 8 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol mkl_pds_lp64_dss_create referenced in function dss_create ---> in File: mkl_intel_lp64.lib(_dss_create_lp64.obj)
Ans some other more errors,
Any suggestions are appreciated.
05-09-2011 10:48 PM
With x64 there are more options for MKL (4 or 8 byte integers, parallelization) and selecting the options for linking is more complex. For these reasons they provide a configurator, the MKL Link Line Advisor. Make your choices with it, and use the ld options that it gives to do the linking.
05-10-2011 08:21 AM
I took your suggestion and it seems I had the correct libraries. Therefore, the problem persists. I am not sure on how to address the following suggestions from the MKL Link Line Advisor:
o Set the PATH, LIB and INCLUDE environment variables in the command shell using one of mklvars script files in the 'bin' subdirectory of the Intel MKL installation directory. Please, see also MKL User Guide.
o Please be sure that you have used the recommended compiler options (it was given /4I8) for the selected interface layer. Warning: linking MKL libraries with your objects, compiled for different interface layer, may lead to run-time errors
I just executed the *.bat file, but I am unsure if that's enough to set the path, include and lib variables. It seems the errors are related to DSS_solver.
Here is a log of the unsuccessful build.