Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Using MKL in Linux

Serjio
New Contributor I

I want to use the MKL library 2021.3.0 in Linux.

To do this, I use Visual Studio 2019 in Windows 10, and the project is built on a remote machine in Linux Ubuntu-20.04.3.

Thus, I create a project in Visual Studio, which is sent for compilation to a remote Linux machine. It works well.

But I cannot configure Visual Studio so that I can connect the MKL library. I have installed the MKL library on a remote Linux machine. How can I set up Visual Studio on a Windows machine so that I can make projects for Linux using the MKL library?

block_shem_MKL_LINUX.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

>>I need help with configuring Visual Studio

You can try configuring manually in the visual studio by giving the path of header files under VC++ directories and you can add the path of library files and pass the required command-line options under the linker section of the configuration properties page.

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>But I cannot configure Visual Studio so that I can connect the MKL library

Could you please confirm if you have installed the MKL library on your windows? If not, please find the below link to get the MKL library which comes as part of oneAPI Base toolkit.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top.html.

By installing the Base toolkit your VS gets integrated with all the components which are included in oneAPI Base toolkit along with the MKL library. So that you can directly make use of the MKL library to build your projects in VS on the windows machine.

>> How can I set up Visual Studio on a Windows machine

Open project properties and follow the below path.

Configuration properties  >>  Intel libraries for oneAPI  >>  Intel oneAPI Math Kernel Library  >>  (select appropriate option from the drop-down)

Please find the below screenshot

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1631084633174.png

If you need any additional information please do let us know. we would be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Serjio
New Contributor I

yes, I have installed MKL library on my Windows machine.

and I have the same configuration of intel oneMKL library in Visual Studio for Windows coding.

But I need to make program for Linux, for example, some library math.so

When I select "Project for Linux" in Visual Studio I don't have "Intel Libraries for OneAPI" on Property page of my project.

settings_VS2019_Linux_general.jpg

So, I need help with configuring Visual Studio for Linux programming and using MKL library.

Here is Microsoft's description of this opportunity

block_shem_MKL_LINUX.png

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

>>I need help with configuring Visual Studio

You can try configuring manually in the visual studio by giving the path of header files under VC++ directories and you can add the path of library files and pass the required command-line options under the linker section of the configuration properties page.

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Has the information provided helped? If yes, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution.

As the issue has been resolved we are going ahead and closing this thread.

If you need any additional information from intel please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos