Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Variable BSR Sparse Matrix Storage Format

Site
Beginner

I found Variable BSR Format in Sparse BLAS BSR Matrix Storage Format. However, I cannot find any description about its data structure and any function related to it. Is it the same as "A Revised Proposal for a Sparse BLAS Toolkit"? How to use it in Intel oneMKL?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Spencer_P_Intel
Employee

So the Variable BSR format as in internal format only currently available through the Pardiso sparse solver interface.  A CSR matrix can be internally converted to a variable BSR format using iparm[36] < 0 cases as seen in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/onemkl/developer-reference-c/2023-0/pardiso-iparm-parameter.html 

It would be fantastic to have a variable BSR format supported in other Sparse BLAS or Sparse Solver like APIs but it is currently not available.  Can you tell us more about your use case and what you would like to do?

Spencer

0 Kudos
Site
Beginner

I see. Thank you for your reply.

I have a program that can calculate the non-zero elements of a sparse matrix block by block. The blocks have various size known in advance. So I found the VBR or VBSR format very suitable to store this matrix. I think some very basis functions like creating VBSR matrix, converting it to/from more common formats such as COO, CSR, indexing its elements and some functions to save/load it would be enough. Other matrix manipulation could be performed by converting it to other formats.

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Site,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

As informed, more information regarding Variable BSR would be communicated to you via email.

Please let us know if we can close this case at our end.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Site,

As informed earlier, more information would be communicated to you via email and this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos