Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

call dfftw_destroy_plan(plan)

ppthelion
Beginner
I used fftw3xf lib to do FFT, but when I want to call dfftw_destroy_Plan(plan) to kill it . There happens a error: "program exception --access violatio" I'm not sure why this happen , I use this liberary for a long time ,this is the first time I meet it,Why?
Thanks for your answer!
yous!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Evgueni_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ppthelion
I used fftw3xf lib to do FFT, but when I want to call dfftw_destroy_Plan(plan) to kill it . There happens a error: "program exception --access violatio" I'm not sure why this happen , I use this liberary for a long time ,this is the first time I meet it,Why?
Thanks for your answer!
yous!

Hi ppthelion!

Access violation means that the application accessed the memory at an address that it isn't authorized to access.

In the MKL FFTW wrappers, FFTW plans are actually pointers.
If your application creates plan and then unintentionally stores something there (e.g. due to running out of the boundary of an array that is declared before plan in your application), you're likely to get an access violation under Windows.

If you suspect that the problem isn't in your application, please post a reproducer here.

-Evgueni.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Evgueni_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ppthelion
Thanks for your answer!
yous!

Hi ppthelion!

Access violation means that the application accessed the memory at an address that it isn't authorized to access.

In the MKL FFTW wrappers, FFTW plans are actually pointers.
If your application creates plan and then unintentionally stores something there (e.g. due to running out of the boundary of an array that is declared before plan in your application), you're likely to get an access violation under Windows.

If you suspect that the problem isn't in your application, please post a reproducer here.

-Evgueni.
0 Kudos
ppthelion
Beginner
Thanks for your constructive reply! I have checked my program exactly, at last ,I found the reason comes from the optional parameters send-receive on fly,It's my inattention !
Thanks a lot!
have a nice day!
0 Kudos