Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

calling vzCIS within c++

Fabio_G_1
Beginner

Hi,

I've got a problem in calling vzCIS from C++

#include <complex>
#include "mkl.h"

template<class T>class array{
   public:
   int n;
   T* x;
   array(){};
   ~array(){};
   array(int _n):n(_n),x(new T){};
};

int main(){
   int n=32;
   array<double> x(n);
   array<double> y(n);
   //array<MKL_Complex16> u(n);
   //array<MKL_Complex16> v(n);
   array< std::complex<double> > u(n);
   array< std::complex<double> > v(n);
   vdCos(x.n,x.x,y.x);
   vzCIS(u.n,u.x,v.x);
   return 0;
}

I compiled with icpc -mkl file.cpp and icpc gave me

error: argument of type "std::complex<double> *" is incompatible with parameter of type "MKL_Complex16 *"

Does someone have a solution? Tahnk you very much.

Fabio

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The third argument of vzCIS should be an array with type (Fortran's) DOUBLE COMPLEX or something compatible with it. Your code is trying to pass a real array instead.

0 Kudos
Fabio_G_1
Beginner

MKL_Complex16 is compatible with std::complex<double>

http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/mkl/lin/MKL_UG_coding_calls/Using_Complex_Types_in_C_C.htm

and the version with comment out lines, i.e. array<MKL_Complex16>, does not work too. (with or without redefining MKL_Complex16).

mecej4: thank you now I've understand where is the problem.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
If you look at mkl_types.h header file you will see that a declaration of MKL_Complex16 type is inside of #ifndef-#endif directives. It means, that in order to use that type you'll need to define the macro MKL_Complex16 before mkl.h or mkl_types.h header files: ... #define MKL_Complex16 #include "mkl.h" ... or as ... #define MKL_Complex16 #include "mkl_types.h" ... or as ... #define MKL_Complex16 std::complex #include "mkl.h" ... and in the last example MKL's complex type will be re-defined by STL complex type.
0 Kudos
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Please, also have a look at the paper http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/use-of-intel-mkl-data-types-in-cc-applications which describes some aspects of use of Intel(R) MKL data types in C++ applications. Thanks, Andrey

0 Kudos