Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

commit descriptor core in FFT /DFT

jmorgie
Beginner

C++ program includes:

status = DftiCreateDescriptor( &ifft_handle, DFTI_SINGLE,DFTI_COMPLEX, 1, 5400);
status = DftiCommitDescriptor( ifft_handle);

the Commit generates a fatal error:

/opt/intel/mkl/9.0/lib/64/libmkl_i2p.so: undefined symbol: mkl_dft_commit_descriptor_core

Can anyone:

* explain the error

* what is the symbol

Running on a system with 8 cores, multithreaded project using OpenMP; linked using:

icpc -o R.exe misc.o R.o -g -openmp -O0 -I include -I /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/include -L /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -lm

so, the error is thrown by v9 but I build with v10.

and I had module purged everything and then module added only v10 mkl stuff.

so lastly:

* why is it using a v9 library when v9 does *not* show up in any of the load paths?

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

imorgie,

- Please check with the artilce "What do IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64 Architecture mean?"
On which platform you are running your application on. May be you are working on Intel64 Architecture? Then you need to specify em64t instead of 64..
- since MKLs version 10.0 has been implemented new layered model which is not compatible with 9.0 you are using Please look at the KB article For easily migration from Intel MKL 9.x to 10.x

--Gennady

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

imorgie,

- Please check with the artilce "What do IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64 Architecture mean?"
On which platform you are running your application on. May be you are working on Intel64 Architecture? Then you need to specify em64t instead of 64..
- since MKLs version 10.0 has been implemented new layered model which is not compatible with 9.0 you are using Please look at the KB article For easily migration from Intel MKL 9.x to 10.x

--Gennady

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

one more note:

the linking line you used:/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/include -L /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -lmis not correct.

Please look at the Intel MKL Link Line Advisor at the top of the Forum and find the list ofof recommended libraries ...

0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

< linked using:

< icpc -o R.exe misc.o R.o -g -openmp -O0 -I include -I /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/include -L /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -lm

What architecture do you use? Path /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/64corresponds to Itanium.

Please add also -lmkl_intel_lp64 (or -lmkl_intel_ilp64 depending on LP64 vs ILP64 model) before

-lmkl_intel_thread

0 Kudos
jmorgie
Beginner

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately my system is down today so I havent had a chance to fix it.

My major question, though, is why is v9 error showing up when I link only with v10 of mkl?

That is, running on an Itanium2 based HPC running Linux. When I log in, v9 of mkl is what shows up in 'module list'. I need v10 [both MKL v9 and v10 are on the system]. so I have done a module purge and module load for the v10 MKL and compilers. I look in printenv | grep mkl and everything listed in the environment points to v10 of mkl.

But the error message refers to a module in v9 of MKL. so it seems that something from v9 is getting loaded. Do any of you have an insight into what or why the v9 libraries are getting loaded when none of the library paths in the environment are pointing there?

thanks again for the help.

Jim

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Jim,

it's strange and it should not be.Please check first of all LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or second esign your way on 10.0 ahead of all other .it should help .

--Gennady

0 Kudos
jmorgie
Beginner
i changed the link line to the Intel wizard suggested string. I now get a good link and no more of these errors.
0 Kudos