Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6985 Discussions

how to link a fortran code to imsl and mkl library

loverain
Beginner

hi, i am using intel 10.0 with visual studio. i wam migrating a code from unix to windows, which employs imsl and mkl as numerical libraries. my windows fortran has imsl and mkl libraries. my question is how to link my fortran code to imal and mkl under visual studio in windows environment? thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

The following link __http://cmsadmin.cps.intel.com/NR/exeres/5e8054f7-2979-403e-abc3-82fcee20343d,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Update&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&wbc_mode=Basic provides hints for compiling and linking your program with Intel MKL v.10.0 using the Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2008 or Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2005 but only for C compiler.

I think it can be usefully for Fortran Compiler compiler as well.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
loverain
Beginner
i dun not opne the link. can u repost it? thanks

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The following provides hints for compiling and linking your program with Intel MKL v.10.0 using the Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2008 or Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2005:

1. Select View Solution Explorer (and make sure this window is active).
  2. Select Tools Options Projects and Solutions VC++ Directories.
  3. In the drop down menu titled Show directories for:, select Include Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel MKL include files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelMKL10.0include).
  4. In the drop down menu titled Show directories for: select Library Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel MKL library files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelMKL10.0ia32lib).
  5. In the drop down menu titled Show directories for: select Executable Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel MKL executable files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelMKL10.0ia32bin).
  6. On the main toolbar select Project Properties Configuration Properties Linker Input and in the "Additional Dependencies" line, add the libraries you require (e.g. for dynamic linking of user code contains BLAS functionality: mkl_intel_c_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libguide40.lib or for static linking of user code with contains VSL functionality: mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib. For more information about Linking application with Intel MKL version 10.0 you can find in userguide.pdf chapter 5 ).

--Gennady

0 Kudos