Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

how to use parallel FFT verison with MKL

afd_lml
Beginner
Hi, all,

I have a workstation with 24 cores, and Iwant toperformFFT in paralle with MKL.

Would anyone like to give me some help on how to do it ? thank you !
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

MKL does internal threading of FFTs automatically, where it can. You can limit the number of threads alloted for this by setting relevant environment variables (e.g. MKL_NUM_THREADS)or by calling specific functions (e.g. MKL_Set_Num_Threads). Details can be found in MKL User's Guide and MKL Reference Manual.

Thanks
Dima

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Filippo_Spiga
Beginner
Quoting - afd.lml
Hi, all,

I have a workstation with 24 cores, and Iwant toperformFFT in paralle with MKL.

Would anyone like to give me some help on how to do it ? thank you !

Do you want to try the Cluster FFT set of routines or the multi-thread ones?

I'm in trouble with MKL parallel FFT routines because it seems that they don't work. I have posted yesterday about my problem (with a sample code extracted from the MKL manpages) and I'm waiting an answer. You can start to try with it (if it's work, obviously) ...

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Dmitry_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

MKL does internal threading of FFTs automatically, where it can. You can limit the number of threads alloted for this by setting relevant environment variables (e.g. MKL_NUM_THREADS)or by calling specific functions (e.g. MKL_Set_Num_Threads). Details can be found in MKL User's Guide and MKL Reference Manual.

Thanks
Dima
0 Kudos
afd_lml
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks
Dima

Thank you for your reply ! I will try.
0 Kudos