Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

linking mkl with xcode

pourmatin85
New Contributor I
Hi;
I'm trying to compile my code, which uses MKL, in xcode developer. However, the instructions are not as clear as it was in windows. I use static linking and AI-32 version.
Apparently, I'm experiencing the same problem that another guy hadhere. But when I fixed my compiler version into AI-32, the problem still remained.
I'm sure that there is something wrong with my "Other Linker Flags" part. Currently, I've included libmkl_core.a and libmkl_intel_thread.a but if I add libmkl_intel.a, the compiler sends this error:
error#10236:file not found: 'libmkl_intel.a'

Thanks in advance
Hossein
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - pourmatin85
Hi;
I'm trying to compile my code, which uses MKL, in xcode developer. However, the instructions are not as clear as it was in windows. I use static linking and AI-32 version.
Apparently, I'm experiencing the same problem that another guy hadhere. But when I fixed my compiler version into AI-32, the problem still remained.
I'm sure that there is something wrong with my "Other Linker Flags" part. Currently, I've included libmkl_core.a and libmkl_intel_thread.a but if I add libmkl_intel.a, the compiler sends this error:
error#10236:file not found: 'libmkl_intel.a'

Thanks in advance
Hossein
first of all, please check the path to the directory with ia32 binaries ( for example ../Libraries/32/ ).
Intel 64 directory ( ../Libraries/em64t/ ) contains libraries with the same names ( libmkl_core.a and libmkl_intel_thread.a ) but these are 64-bit libraries.

0 Kudos
pourmatin85
New Contributor I
first of all, please check the path to the directory with ia32 binaries ( for example ../Libraries/32/ ).
Intel 64 directory ( ../Libraries/em64t/ ) contains libraries with the same names ( libmkl_core.a and libmkl_intel_thread.a ) but these are 64-bit libraries.

I checked the path and it seems correct to me, however I paste them here:
Header Search Paths:/Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/067/Frameworks/mkl/include
Library Search Paths: /Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/067/Frameworks/mkl/lib/32

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III
Quoting - pourmatin85
I checked the path and it seems correct to me, however I paste them here:
Header Search Paths:/Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/067/Frameworks/mkl/include
Library Search Paths: /Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/067/Frameworks/mkl/lib/32

Posting the 'terminal style' output from the XCode linking phase ( showing the actual command lines used and output from the linking process) would help a lot and would probably show the problem immediately.
0 Kudos