Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

mkl_sequential.dll was not found

veronlk
Beginner

I am trying to run a program that needs Intel Fortran redistributable package to run: "FAST.Farm_x64_OMP.exe is built with OpenMP libraries and linked with dynamic libraries.
You will need this Intel Fortran redistributable package installed to run FAST.Farm_x64_OMP.exe if you do not already have Intel Fortran 2019 Update 5 installed. See the installation instructions here. You may also need a redistributable library for Visual Studio installed"

I have installed the necessary redistributables, but when I try to run the program, I get the following message: "The code execution cannot proceed because mkl_sequential.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".
I have tried to reinstall the oneAPI base toolkit and the HPC toolkit, but it doesn't help. As far as I understand, the oneAPI toolkit includes the math kernel library. I am new to using Intel.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know if you have enabled /Qmkl option under

Configuration properties > Fortran > Libraries > Use Intel MKL > select required options from the drop-down?

Here is a thread with a similar discussion that might help you in resolving the issue.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Math-Kernel-Library/mkl-intel-thread-1-dll-was-not-found/m-p/1287801#M31470

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Veronica,

As we haven't heard back from you, could you please provide us with an update regarding the issue?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Veronica,

As we haven't heard back from you, we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos