Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

object of coordinate format sparse matrix

Sören_Plönnigs
Beginner
Hi,
I'm having some troubles with the FEM-program I'm writing on.
I defined a class named coormatrix. The coormatrix object consists of two int arrays for row index and column index, one double array for the values, and some values for rows, columns, nonzeros and symmetry. the problem seems to be the deconstructor, every time it is called, I get
"*** glibc detected *** ./fem2d: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000000016088a90 ***".
The problem seems to be the deletion of the double array, gdb tells me:
#7 0x00b74741 in operator delete(void*) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
(gdb) up
#8 0x00b7479d in operator delete[](void*) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
(gdb) up
#9 0x0804bc7d in coormatrix::~coormatrix (this=0xbfffe788) at datatypes/coor_matrix.cpp:90
90 delete [] val;
#7 0x00b74741 in operator delete(void*) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6(gdb) up#8 0x00b7479d in operator delete[](void*) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6(gdb) up#9 0x0804bc7d in coormatrix::~coormatrix (this=0xbfffe788) at datatypes/coor_matrix.cpp:9090 delete [] val;

this is my deconstructor:

coormatrix::~coormatrix() {
delete [] rowind;
delete [] colind;
delete [] val;
}
I have no idea why this problem occurs. Am I missing something? If you need further information, please tell me.
Sren
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi Sren,
I do not think that this problem of the library.
Try to remove or comment MKL calls (and I believe that this PARDISO or Sparse Blas functions) and see whether there is a problem. Let us know the result.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
It is possible that your program is trying to free memory that is no longer allocated. Old versions of glibc handled this event silently. For current versions, you may wish to read http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3113982&sliceId=1 .
0 Kudos
Sören_Plönnigs
Beginner
Hi,
it's definitely no problem of the mkl. I didn't knew in which forum to post, but my program works with sparse matrices and mkl routines, so I decided to post here. If that was wrong feel free to move the posting.
It can't be a mkl problem because there are no mkl calls in the function that causes the error. The function is a mergesort-algorithm for the column index array of the coordinate matrix object. In the merge phase of the algorithm I create an temporary object for caching the values, that seems to cause the error.
Sren
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Ok, I will try to move your post to the Intel C/C++ Compiler forum.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Sören_Plönnigs
Beginner
Maybe I found the solution. If I comment out my destructor, the program runs fine. Is it mandatory to define an own destructor, or can this be done by the compiler?
Sren
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
yes, you have to call your own desctructor, otherwise You will have memory leakage.
0 Kudos
Sören_Plönnigs
Beginner
ok, I thought as much! but do you see what could be the problem with my destructor? At the moment I don't have a clue. By the way, I have the same problem with my vector class and my dense matrix class.
0 Kudos
Sören_Plönnigs
Beginner
I solved my problem. Now I use calloc() and free()instead of new and delete for (de-)allocating the memory. some additional checking for memory leaks with valgrind and now everything is fine!
0 Kudos