Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2837 Discussions

AMT connectivity lost after bios update

rgord1
Novice

I have experienced loss of AMT connectivity after updating an Intel bios. The only way it could be restored was through resetting the CMOS and re-provisioning from scratch.

Is it advisable to disable Intel MEBx before doing a bios update? If so, what steps need to be taken to accomplish this, so that after a bios update, MEBx can again be fully provisioned without resetting the CMOS?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
rgord1
Novice

I have had a similar argument with Macrium who eventually provided remote access software for users with Home licenses, after saying that the software was only intended for business use.

Same applies here. There are plenty of examples of vPro users in home LAN, or small business situations, who neither need nor can afford enterprise level solutions based on Intel EMA.

In my opinion Intel should be supporting all these users who have paid for vPro technology, not hiding behind an argument that it is just intended for business use.

0 Kudos
muhammadhammaf2424

<p>The BIOS update process varies for each system manufacturer, including us. In your case, the BIOS is losing the previous configuration due to CMOS clearing, which wipes the pre-configured settings and resets the system to default.</p>

0 Kudos