Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

IDE-R stops working in meshcommander

FFern4
Novice

Hi

I have been using meshcommander for a long time, and suddenly, IDE-R has stopped working.

When I try to redirect an ISO, it doesnt work. It is an issue with my PC, because in others PC´s it keeps working.

I have uninstalled and installed it again, but the problem remains. ​The situation is the same with Inten Manageability commander.  In this case, it shows the following error message: "user consent required before starting IDE-R sesión...", but user consent is not required, as I can start IDE-R from other PC¨s and it was working before from my PC. It also happens with any vPro client I try to actívate IDE-R

In the logs I have seen some issues about imrsdk

I use my PC for demos at clients, and I wouldn´t like to reinstall Windows again, as I suppose this will fix the problem.

Any idea? Uninstall and reinstall doesn´t work

I have tested several versions of meshcommander, and the problem remain. I

Regards and thanks in advance

Fernando

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, Thank you for joining the community. Based on your description of the issue looks like the problem could be related with the profile of your PC only. Does your computer works as the RCS server? Besides that how is the issue showing up, do you see the Storage Redirection option greyed out or in the power command there is no option to reset to IDE-R Image? Will look forward for you updates Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice

​Hi Jose

Thanks for your answer.

The PC is not used as RCS Server.

The IDE-R option is not greyed after configuring it. The option can be clicked again and configured again as many times as you try. After configuring IDE-R, nothing happens. IDE-R option is still available and option Stop IDE-R doesn´t appear. As summary, nothing happens after configuring IDE-R

As additional information, I have tried with the old tool Intel VPro Platform Solution Manager, and in this case, IDE-R works fine.

Thanks and best regards

Fernando

0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice

​Hi

Just an additional information: if I run Mesh commander with the debug option, in the debug appears the message "IDE-R error 2". No more details

Regards

Fernando

JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, So the issue seems to be with meshcommander and/or Manageability Commander only? I might suggest to use a 3rd party uninstaller to clean everything from the system during the uninstallation. I think there could be some registry keys leftovers that are causing this issue. I will try to investigate a bit further and will let you know Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice

​Hi Jose

I have used Revo uninstaller, that removes several keys register and some files in the installation path, but the behavior is the same

However, I have found a way to make it work. If I choose the iso file from the path where Meshcommander is installed; programfiles (x86)\Open Sources\Meshhcommander, in this case, the IDE-R feature works. If I use choose any to other folder to select the iso file, it fails

I noticed it just by chance, but by the moment, it is enough to me.

I hope it could provide you some ideas about what can be happening

Regards

Fernando

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, Glad to hear that you found a workaround at least. The fact that containing the ISO images on the same installation folder makes me think the issue could be related to your current Windows user profile. Either you don't have the rights or the user profile could be corrupted. I will let you know about any other findings that I could make. Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, After digging a little bit on your issue we wanted to ask if you remember when setting up the profile if you disabled the user consent option for IDE-R? Is the computer you are using the RCS server? Could you attach the RSClog contained on either one of the following paths: • ProgramData\Intel_Corporation • Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intel_Corporation Will wait for you updates Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice

Hi Jose

In the PC there is no RCS installed, so there are no logs about RCS

Regards

Fernando

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, I will doublecheck with our engineering department and will contact you back Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, Our engineering department have the following questions: Are you saying that you have MeshCommander installed on other systems and you can initiate an IDE-R session to the same target system from those? Please run ACUConfig Systemdiscovery on the target system and send us the .xml file that comes out of that. We will wait for your updates. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice
Hi Jose Yes, with other PC´s I have no problems to stablish the IDE-R session. With the PC I have problems, I have problems with several targets I have tested Find attached the file Regards Fernando AVISO LEGAL Le informamos que sus datos personales son tratados de conformidad con lo establecido en el REGLAMENTO (UE) 2016/679 de protección de datos de carácter personal. El Responsable del tratamiento de sus datos es PLEIADES TECNOLOGIA S.L. con CIF B83998732 y domicilio social sito en CALLE ALCAÑIZ, 23, 3º DCHA de MADRID provincia de Madrid C.P.:28042, la finalidad de este fichero contiene datos relativos al control, evolución y administración de Agenda - Mail. Sus datos podrán ser objeto de tratamiento por terceros (serán encargados del tratamiento destinatarios de sus datos con una finalidad contractual lícita, ) exigiendo el mismo nivel de derechos, obligaciones y responsabilidades establecidas. Sus datos serán conservados durante el plazo estrictamente necesario. Serán borrados cuando haya transcurrido un tiempo sin hacer uso de los mismos. Usted se compromete a notificarnos cualquier variación en los datos. Podrá ejercer los derechos de acceso, rectificación, limitación de tratamiento, supresión, portabilidad y oposición al tratamiento de sus datos de carácter personal dirigiendo su petición a la dirección postal indicada arriba o al correo electrónico soporte@pleiades-ti.com<mailto:soporte@pleiades-ti.com> Podrá dirigirse a la Autoridad de Control competente para presentar la reclamación que considere oportuna.
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, For some reason I could not find the attached file. Could you please upload it again? Regard Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFern4
Novice

Hi Jose

Here you have the file again

Regards

Fernando

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello FFern4, Thank you for reuploading the file. We will analyze it and will let you know our findings Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos