Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel AMT - Issue with static IP address

vpa
Beginner

I'm using static IP address of the iAMT many years. I'm trying to change this to something more compatible with Mesh central and MeshAgent. I have different versions of iAMT, up to 15.x.
When I change IP address of iAMT on computer, which has 15.x version, to the same ip address as the address of PC, when the computer is power off, iAMT (ping, 16992 page,...) doesn't respond, when is on, iAMT is responding. When IP addresses are different, iAMT responds regardless of state of PC and is possible to power on PC when is off and so on. Where I'm wrong. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello vpa,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

When you say you have different versions and the one trying to change the static IP address is running on 1.5.x do you refer to Intel EMA? You could try to update to the latest version 1.7 Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

Or, are you referring to the Intel EMA SDK version 15? The latest one is v16.0.3.1 Intel® AMT SDK

About the issue you describe, it seems like a compatibility problem between AMT and MeshCentral. Remember that MeshCentral is an Intel not-official opensource software. For suggestions or support you will need to contact MeshCentral support Open Software Projects - Contact Information (meshcommander.com)

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vpa
Beginner

Working version of iAMT is v9.x. I think it is incompatible with Intel EMA 1.7, so I couldn't use EMA.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello vpa,

You are correct, EMA works with AMT v11 and higher.

About the MeshCentral issue, for support you will need to contact MeshCentral support Open Software Projects - Contact Information (meshcommander.com)

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vpa
Beginner

In summary.

It has nothing to do with MeshCentral. MeshCentral is not installed on iAMT interfaces, it is different product.

Intel EMA is not possible to use, because older version of iAMT are unsupported.

Version 15.x of iAMT has different behavior than previous version (for example 9.x). It is not working when computer is power off, when has same ip address as computer. 

0 Kudos