Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel AMT KVM Remote Desktop not Available

R88
Beginner

We have HP Prodesk 600 G5 with Intel i5-9500T processor that supports vPro. When connecting using MeshCommander and Intel management Commander, KVM Remote Desktop is not an option. Is there a setting that we are missing to get this enabled?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello R88,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

Is your HP Prodesk 600 G5 system already provisioned for AMT remote management? Could you tell which method did you use to provision it (USB key, remote configuration, MEBx setup)?

The KVM capability needs to be enabled before the Intel AMT platform will allow a KVM session to start. Once KVM is enabled, connections can be made using the redirection ports – 16994 (non-TLS) or 16995 (using TLS).

For more details, you can do a search by KVM under the following URL: https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello R88,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as closed. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received. I will follow up with you again next Monday 13th. If you prefer a different date just let me know. 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello R88,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new post.

Regards.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
dchang92606
Beginner

I have the same problem.  I read through the Intel doc, but I have different menus in my ProDesk 600 G5 Mini.  In my menus, there's no mention of KVM (just SOL).  I have a 9500T vPro CPU.  Does the HP ProDesk 600 G5 Mini PC support remote KVM using AMT or not?

0 Kudos