Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel vPro Technology Advanced Management Features

Julio2
Beginner

Can I update from ME Lockout MOD - Manageability to Intel vPro Technology Advanced Management Features?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Julio2,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel customer support,

To understand your request a little bit better can you please provide the following log from your system:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Note: In case you are using Linux please use the following links to get the report:

Intel® System Support Utility for the Linux* Operating System

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

Instructions SSU(Linux)

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26735/eng/releasenotes.txt

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Julio2
Beginner

Good afternoon, I attach log file

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Julio2,

Thank you for your response.

From what we have been able to see on the report, your system has a vPro capable processor; however, further researching this ME Lockout MOD feature gives us more questions than answers, from what we understand, Dell gives the option to the buyer of selecting certain special configurations for some of their systems, among those configurations is the ME Lockout MOD, the No out of band systems management- vPro disabled option and other options such as ME inoperable and vPro standard MOD> We are not familiar with this configurations and there is little to no information about them online; therefore, our strongest recommendation is to get in touch with Dell directly to see if there is a way to change the ME Lockout MOD to maybe vPro standard MOD so you can have the manageability options that your system is capable of having.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Julio2
Beginner

Yes, I contacted them and they told me to contact you since the technology is from Intel.

0 Kudos
Julio2
Beginner

And they refer ME Lockout MOD like OOB Management

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Julio2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please let me review this information internally, and kindly wait for an update.

Once we have more information to share, we will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Julio2,

Thank you for your patience.

Based on our investigation, we must inform you that you can’t change the ME lockout MOD. The reason why is that Dell permanently disables the ME in BIOS with this configuration. The only way to reenable it is to replace the Motherboard; therefore, our strongest recommendation will be for you to contact Dell support and explain your situation so you can work with them to see what your options are (i.e. RMA).

Best regards,

Victor G.

Julio2
Beginner

thank you for your help

0 Kudos