Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2906 Discussions

Internal Server Error

MMTX
Beginner

Hello, I have recently Intel EMA v1.10.1.0 installed and setting it up for the first time. I am logged in as the global administrator and I am able to create a new tenant but cannot create a tenant administrator or any other user/group. Every time I attempt to create one I get a "Internal Server Error, Contact the administrator" message. I also don't have a PKI certificate uploaded yet and was wondering if I needed to before I could create new users/groups

What would be the solution to fix this problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, MMTX,

The Intel EMA installer does not create a Tenant Administrator user for the initial Tenant, so you must use the Global Administrator user to create a Tenant Administrator user before proceeding with Tenant setup after installation.

The Certificate is necessary when you want to accomplish the following:

Remote endpoint provisioning  

No user consent to access the endpoints (Admin Control Mode).

Intel® EMA offers the Client Control Mode, this option does not require a Certificate.

Creating users, groups, and tenants without the Certificate is possible.

I suggest sections 1.2 Key Concepts, 1.2.2 User Roles, and 3.5.1 Upload Intel® AMT PKI Certificates

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=7

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=30

I will gladly provide further assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, MMTX,

I hope this post finds you well.

By any chance, have you been able to review my previous post?  I will gladly provide further assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, MMTX,

I am following up on your post.

If further assistance is necessary, do not hesitate to reply or create a new thread.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
BruceR214
Beginner

Hi, did this get resolved. I have exactly the same issue

Thanks

0 Kudos