Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2872 Discussions

KVM VNC doesn't work following BiOS/ME Update

Arnaud_L
Novice

We're using quite intensively the KMV/VNC feature of AMT since years in our Intel NUC.

We recently update the BiOS & ME FW on one of them (model DNKBLi5v) from BiOS 0076 to 0080, going from ME  11.8.90.3987  to ME  11.8.94.4494 (v5.1) 

Since then it's not possible to use/enable the port 5900 to use the VNC feature.

Using wsman give us an "UnsupportedFeature" error and the documentation doesn't say much about how to use another port ( https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2Fworkingwithport5900.htm ).

I assume the feature is still existing, but needs to be configured on another port ? Or is this feature completly gone ?

25 Replies
Eduardo_B_Intel
Employee

Hello abulhol, 

I wish you an excellent day, Sir. 

For Linux we currently do not have a software like Meshcommander. You have to consider Meshcommander was developed by a third party and support must be provided by them if you would like to pursue that path. There is of course the WebUI, but as you already know their versatility is a little bit limited at the moment. 

Warm regards, 

Eduardo B

0 Kudos
abulhol
Beginner

Hi Eduardo,

I know that MeshCommander is a third party software. 

Their website says that "Intel has ended support for these tools", see https://www.meshcommander.com/meshcommander

I therefore suspect that at some point MeshCommander will stop working.

What do you mean by "There is of course the WebUI"? Do you mean the WebUI of MeshCommander?

We would appreciate if Intel made the effort to offer or officially support a tool that runs on Linux.

Yours,

abulhol

0 Kudos
Eduardo_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Abulhol, 

By the WebUI i mean the default that works to use it through local access. We unfortunately do not have any calls in the situation regarding Meshcommander, although it is a platform we encourage for use. I would be a good idea to reach them in regards to their end of support notice. As far as Linux usage goes, we currently have no plans for this implementation, but this feedback has been taken into consideration. 

Warm regards,

Eduardo B

0 Kudos
abulhol
Beginner

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your replies.

I will contact the MeshCommander devs to find out what's behind the end of support.

Yours,
Benjamin

0 Kudos
Eduardo_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Abulhol,

I wish you an excellent day, Sir.

I'd like to know if there is additional feedback about it. I will monitor your response today and follow in a couple of days if needed. For anything else, let me know!

Best regards,

Eduardo B

0 Kudos