Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Low performance with Quad Core!??!?!

idata
Employee

hey this is my first post so if im doing smth wrong plz let me know!http://communities.intel.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif! .

Well i've just bought a new pc which is full of intel products, thats why im postin here in the first place . Well here is the info:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4026MB RAM --> 2x DDR2 supertalent 2G @667MHz dual channel

Hard Drive: 250 GB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512mb

Monitor: ViewSonic VA1926w

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Speakers/Headphones: CREATIVE 2.1

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2

Motherboard: Intel DG33BU

Here is the problem: i thought that this pc would perform great. Sometimes, it speeds up and shows her real power (eg.: windows sturt up lasts 35secs, since i press the button till everything is loaded) but sometimes... its simply wrong. When i fisrt played Crysis (videogame by Cryteck and EA games) the game configured graphics according to my pc and set them to high, Well... it was high, highly slow. Everything got like lagged and i had to restart. Thats not right, isnt it?

Its really annoying because a friend of mine has got a similar pc (with less ram) and this game performs great with graphics set to high. So please some hhelp!! i would really apreciate any advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Omar,

I checked the min config for Crysis lest the game might be giving problems due to system specs however your PC seems to be way above the required system specs to run this game that are attached.

The way you have described, it appears that the issue is related to your OS customization. Do check with your OS configurations because apparently there seems no problems with your existing hardware and just in case you are unable to understand, let us know so that we can help you with the problem.

PS: Does Crysis have 32 and 64 bit versions?

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green! Save the Environment

0 Kudos
JLodh
New Contributor II

Omar,

I checked the min config for Crysis lest the game might

be giving problems due to system specs however your PC seems to be way

above the required system specs to run this game that are attached.

The

way you have described, it appears that the issue is related to your OS

customization. Do check with your OS configurations because apparently

there seems no problems with your existing hardware and just in case

you are unable to understand, let us know so that we can help you with

the problem.

PS: Does Crysis have 32 and 64 bit versions?

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green! Save the Environment

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I don't believe that your cpu is causing the bad gaming-performance. This sounds more like a graphics-related problem. I would suggest to download and install the latest drivers from the manufactor website, in this case NVIDIA. And make sure that you select the exact right model, and then the latest driver which can be recognized by the highest version-number and the latest date of release. I am aware that your problem is dated in august 2008, but since I don't find it solved here, I decided to reply anyway, so that it may be of use to anyone with a simular problem.

I sincerely hope you have solved this problem by now.

0 Kudos