Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2839 Discussions

Manageability Commander vulnerability

displayname4
Beginner

According advisory SA-00680 you should upgrade to Manageability Commander 2.3.2. But only 2.3.0 is available for download. Where or when will 2.3.2 is available? According the advisory it should already be available.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00680.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18796/intel-manageability-commander.html

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please let me review this information internally, and kindly wait for an update.

Once we have more information to share, we will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
displayname4
Beginner

Hi, what is the status?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

Thank you so much for your patience.

There seems to be a delay in publishing the file you need; however, by Monday at the latest you should be able to download the newest version of the Intel® MC (Manageability Commander). Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

I apologize for the extended delay; it seems that the file took longer to get posted than expected. Please find in the following link the latest version of the Intel® MC (Manageability Commander) version 2.4.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
displayname4
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

0 Kudos
displayname4
Beginner

Hi again,

After installing IMC 2.4 the application still says 2.3.0. In the installation directory  the release notes pdf says 2.4, the user guide also says 2.4. The postinstall textfile says 2.3. How can I verify that 2.4 is actually installed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

Thank you so much for your response.

In order to verify that you have the correct version please go to your search bar and type: Add or remove programs and press enter, once you are in that window proceed to search for the Intel® MC (Manageability Commander) by using the search bar located there, once you find the program verify what version is installed in your system if it says 2.4.0 you are good to go, but if it says 2.3.0 proceed to uninstall the program and install the 2.4.0 version from scratch. Once you are done with that you can use the previous steps to verify if the correct version has been installed.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
displayname4
Beginner

Thanks, Windows says 2.4.0 is installed but the application itself still says 2.3.0.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

So I can investigate this further, please send us some pictures one where it shows that the application is still on version 2.3.0, and one from the operating system showing that version 2.4.0 is installed.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
displayname4
Beginner

Please see the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

I appreciate the image. Please allow me some time to look into this, and as soon as I can I'll be contacting you back.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello displayname4,

I’m here to inform you that our product development team has been notified of the version error in the text file and in the console; however, this will likely not be fixed until the new year when the developers are back from holiday. You are welcome to check our vPro Communities and/or subscribe to them to know when the new version that reflects the proper version in the text file and console posts.

Additionally, just so you know you are indeed running the latest version of the software, this is only a cosmetic issue that does not impact functionality in any way.

Note: We won’t be monitoring this thread anymore, but you are welcome to follow our previously provided recommendation in order to get the updated version once it’s posted in our vPro Communities.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos