Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2842 Discussions

Setting Up SCS and Doing Remote Configuration

Kimboaticus
Beginner

Ive been working on setting up SCS following the info in the SCS Deployment Guide and the SCS User guide. So there are some things that appear to conflict between the guides but I'd like to be sure. Regarding the certificate templates to setup on your CA, the configuration for the certificates are different. One says to duplicate the Web server template, and the other say to duplicate the User certificate. One has you add a couple of additional Cryptographic providers the other only asks you to add the Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider. One has you add two OIDs the other does not. Which way is the correct way?

Im a bit curious about how this template is used as well. As machines are added to the SCS, does it hand out a certificate to them based on that template?

I will likely have more questions as things move along because it would be really nice for there to be a step by step guide on how to implement this but I cant seem to find one so I am winging it a bit. Thanks for your attention.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Kimboaticus
Beginner

It doesnt really help as it goes more into the nuts and bolts of certificates but Im looking for help on why AMT is having trouble with a certificate. I dont even know what certificate it is having trouble with. Is it the one I got from GoDaddy for provisioning or is it a certificate from my own PKI? And which side is having the issue, the target computer or the server? Is it at all possible to have a support session with an engineer to review my configuration and make changes as needed?

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello Kimboaticus,

Sure, let me double check the information and as soon as possible we will be getting back to you.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello Kimboaticus,

Please provide us a good time to meet with you. For us, Monday is looking clear.

We will be waiting for your outcome in order to proceed with the next step.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Kimboaticus
Beginner

Yes, Monday June 1st is looking good for me. I am available between 10AM and 5PM Eastern.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello Kimboaticus,

Perfect, we will be contacting you back in order to proceed with the next step.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos