Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

Tenant Configuration Process

VeeDub
New Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the video on Tenant configuration on this page 

At 6:29 in the video the presenter logs into EMA to start the Tenant configuration.Tenant Configuration.png

I am trying to figure out how to get to this screen on my installation.

This is what I see:

My Intel EMA Platform Manager.png

I have tried launching the EMA Manageability Server, I get this window

Launch Package.png

Then nothing else, I was expecting another window to appear, assuming this is where I need to be to start setting up my tenant.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dan_Brunton
Employee

It looks like you are logged in with a global administrator account.  That account is designed to manage the overall Intel EMA instance, set up tenants, and manage users.  You will need to create a tenant administrator account associated with the tenant you created to set up endpoint groups and manage devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_Brunton
Employee

Once the installation of Intel EMA is complete, you need to open a browser and go to the hostname, FQDN, or IP address you specified during installation via HTTPS.  Intel EMA creates a self-signed certificate for the website based on the details you supply during installation, so your browser will ask you to confirm you want to connect.

If you did a distributed server installation, you specify the address of your web server on this screen:

EMA website load balancer settings.png

If you did a single server installation, you specify the address for your web server on this screen:

EMA website single server.png

If you can't remember what you entered in one of those screens above, you can try browsing to your server's IP address and then looking at the certificate details.  The Common Name (CN) field should be the address you entered during the installation.
certdetailsbrowswer.png

0 Kudos
VeeDub
New Contributor I

Hello,

I've now logged into the EMA console / Web portal.

I've created a Tenant and some User Groups.

But I don't have the menu options for creating Endpoints and Endpoint Groups?EMA Console.png

0 Kudos
Dan_Brunton
Employee

It looks like you are logged in with a global administrator account.  That account is designed to manage the overall Intel EMA instance, set up tenants, and manage users.  You will need to create a tenant administrator account associated with the tenant you created to set up endpoint groups and manage devices.

0 Kudos