Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2862 Discussions

create an agent file

Hideo
Novice

Hello,

I believe that if we create an agent file on the IntelEMA server and install it on the agent terminal, the agent terminal will access the host of the IntelEMA server.

So, I have a question.
Our network configuration is as follows.

Hideo_0-1718508838003.png

We would like to configure the agent terminal to access the FW, not the IntelEMA server directly.

*When the FW is accessed from the agent terminal, it is routed to access the IntelEMA server.

What settings should we change when we create the agent file to allow the agent terminal to access the FW?

Can you please provide me with some reference material and instructions on how to do this?

I am waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,

Hideo.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello Hideo,

Greetings!

The agent file configures the endpoint and allows the EMA Server to access it. If Azure Firewall is blocked, you will need to use Azure credentials to access its settings.

To enable communication between the EMA server and the endpoints, you need to configure the Azure settings accordingly. Please review Section 1.3.10 in the following guide: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=15

For more details on creating an Azure virtual machine for EMA, refer to the Intel EMA Web Deployment Guide for Azure: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/646990/Intel_EMA_Documents1.13.0.zip

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Hideo
Novice

Hi Vijay N.

Thanks for the reply.
The agent terminal is not blocked by FW, I have NAT translation on 74.226.149.200 -> 10.0.0.2 with FW.

Hideo_1-1718709281288.png

I will reiterate my question.
As per the attached image,
Select "Identity mode" as "Use IP address",
I entered 10.0.0.2 and specified the Server address.

Hideo_0-1718709245369.png

After that, refer to p.32 3.2 of the following document to create Agent Files.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf

Then, the destination address of the server to be accessed from the Agent Files was set to
Is it possible to change 10.0.0.2 to 74.226.149.200?
If so, could you please tell me how to change it?

Also, if I select "Use FQDN only" for "Identity mode" instead of "Use IP address", can you tell me how to change the FQDN after setting the FQDN?

Best Regards,

Hideo.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hi 英夫 戸田,

The FQDN of the EMA instance cannot be changed after the installation. For reference, please review section 2.2.1.3 Load Balancer Information in the following document:

[Intel® EMA Server Installation and Maintenance Guide](https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=15)

Please allow me 3 to 4 business days to answer the remaining questions.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Hideo
Novice

Vijay N.

It has been more than 4 business days. How is the response since then?

Best Regards,

Hideo.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Hideo,

I hope this message finds you well.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Please find below the detailed instructions and necessary information for configuring the agent file to access the firewall with the given NAT setup:

1.    Configuring the Agent File:

• Your team will need to configure your Firewall and NAT setup. We are unable to do this for you.
  • Follow the EMA install guide to ensure you have opened the necessary TCP ports (listed in the Installation Guide) and/or set up port forwarding. The TCP ports must be forwarded without translating (e.g., TCP port 8080 -> 8080). Forwarding to a new port (e.g., TCP 8080 -> 7000) is not allowed.
  • Once you have completed these steps and confirmed connectivity between the endpoint and the EMA server (e.g., using telnet), you can generate new agent files as you did originally by following the install guide: Intel EMA Server Installation and Maintenance Guide.

2.    Changing the Server Address:

• To change the server address from 10.0.0.2 to 74.226.149.200, you will need to work with your NAT vendor to get this set up. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with this directly.

3.    Changing the FQDN:

• Changing the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) after setting it using "Use FQDN only" mode is not supported.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos