Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

vPro Flash Module Development

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm working on a special project where it could be a very interesting feature to implement our program into the vPro FLASH module.

Is someone know how it could be done?

Also :

- Can we put executable code in the Flash module?

- Would it be a 16 or 32 bit code to put ?

- Would it be possible for our code to be a boot-block? within MBR ?

- Can we make it as a Bios Extension with EFI ?

- What size of the vPro Flash module can we expect to developp on?

- Is there any technical reference document for that Flash Module ?

Thanks a lot, experts, for your Help on the special developpement

Damien

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Damien,

We appreciate your ideas however if you are fully aware of Intel vPro technology, I am sure you are aware that Intel AMT is that hardware based technology which is built into PCs for remote management and security features while vPro is a set of features built into a PC's motherboard and other hardware but not just a technology built into one single chip which is supported by AMT.

The module that you have been working on and to add it as a BIOS extension for EFI Shell or your code to be a part of MBR or boot block, I am not sure if that is possible in a way as to what you are thinking of since Intel vPro is not just some flash module with specific size coded on 16 or 32-bit. Like I said, it's a combination of different feature sets. Furthermore, developing and integrating a module for Intel vPro, you will have to be one of the development partner organization with Intel since Intel software and hardware engineers work together on developing the technology. You could probably contact local Intel office in your region and propose the idea so that they can further work on this and direct you.

I will however try to connect with one of our vPro rockstars on this and see if this is workable.

Thank you again, have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Damien,

We appreciate your ideas however if you are fully aware of Intel vPro technology, I am sure you are aware that Intel AMT is that hardware based technology which is built into PCs for remote management and security features while vPro is a set of features built into a PC's motherboard and other hardware but not just a technology built into one single chip which is supported by AMT.

The module that you have been working on and to add it as a BIOS extension for EFI Shell or your code to be a part of MBR or boot block, I am not sure if that is possible in a way as to what you are thinking of since Intel vPro is not just some flash module with specific size coded on 16 or 32-bit. Like I said, it's a combination of different feature sets. Furthermore, developing and integrating a module for Intel vPro, you will have to be one of the development partner organization with Intel since Intel software and hardware engineers work together on developing the technology. You could probably contact local Intel office in your region and propose the idea so that they can further work on this and direct you.

I will however try to connect with one of our vPro rockstars on this and see if this is workable.

Thank you again, have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Javec,

Thanks you so much for answering my mail.

In fact I already know and use vPro Solution.

My question is to work only on iAMT Flash Module without any connection to WLAN or Chipset feature.

I would be very interested to get in touch with French Developper is you can ;

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Javec,

In fact I already know and use vPro OOB Solution.

My question is to work only on iAMT Flash Module without any connection to WLAN or Chipset feature.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Javec,

In fact I already know and use vPro Solution.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

Hi Damien,

Definitely recommend checking out our developer community - software.intel.com (then to manageability). The team there can help w/ answers on what you can develop to and how you can leverage via Out of Band vs. in band.

Josh H

0 Kudos