Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

vPro remote KVM on Q67 boards with aditional NICs?

Hello,

I would like to build few test systems for ESXi/Hyper-V home lab - based on Q67 boards (DQ67EP or DW67WS), with additional PCI-E Intel NIC installed, and I plan to use KVM functionality to control it via LAN (w/o physical KVM attached). Onboard NIC will be used for KVM only, pluggable NIC - only for applications. So I would like to ask - will KVM functionality work in this configuration? Also if somebody already have practical experience with similar config (Q67, additional NICs, vPro KVM functionality) - could you share your config, purpose and comments (if any)? Thanks in advance.

SY

Vladimir

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

The configuration you are describing should work fine I use similar setups myself for the same reason you are describing. Just remember that you only get AMT capabilities via the on-board NIC.

-Dan

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dan,

Do you use your setup for virtualization? If yes - could you bit explain your config (motherboard, RAM, NICs...)?

SY

Vladimir

idata
Community Manager

My setups will very depending on my needs at the time. I'll use anything from a laptop to a high end desktop system loaded with as much RAM as I can get. I typically use two NIC's so I can have my VM environment completely isolated from my other management network.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dan,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

SY

Vladimir