Items with no label
3335 Discussions

2nd Gen SR300 (VF0810) Not Compatible with Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager (SR300) and Win10 Anniversary Update

GMorg3
Novice

I received the 2nd gen SR300 which is actually a Creative VF0810. The first gen is a VF0800. The 3D part of the cam will not work on Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It freezes after the first frame. Creative has been contacted, and I was advised that the issue lies with the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager (SR300) which is incompatible with the 2nd gen cam and the AU. Also, the drivers are from June and July, with this camera coming out after that.

So, if you're on the AU and are having issues, there lies your problem. Intel has not released an updated kit since February of 2016. The regular non 3D cam works fine, as does the audio.

Here is a link to download the audio software for the 2nd gen.

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13754 http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13754

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

Here is what I did:

1) Removed all camera related apps (like Catcheye, 3d scan, etc.)

2) Removed all drivers through "Uninstall of Change a Program"

3) Powered down

4) Used factory cable (to install, then switched to other cable).

5) Connected camera direct to powered USB 3.0 port (to install and then switched to usb 3.0 hub)

6) Booted and let windows do its update thing (which fresh installed 3.3 drivers)

7) Go to device manager - if there is an unknown device showing confirm by looking into properties that it is a Realsense type device

- Try a cold boot to see if it recognizes the device, if not ..

-then manually add LEGACY Intel SR300 Virtual driver

8) try to open windows native camera app - it should open

9) Try to install Windows Hello (using camera) which should open depth camera

10) Install Catcheye and see if it works.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guys,

For future questions we would really appreciate if you could open a new thread in the Community, instead of posting your new questions in older posts, this way we can better assist you.

Regards,

Pablo