Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435 is detected as USB2.1 on a USB3 port

SWeis10
Beginner

I have three D435 cameras and two computers (desktop and laptop running Win10).

I tried all the camera on both computers, in all the ports, using different cables. The RealSense viewer shows USB2.1 no matter what port I use.

I have the latest SDK version and the cameras have the latest firmware.

Any ideas what is going on?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Does the camera still detect as USB 2.1 if you select the 'More' icon at the top of the Viewer options panel and select the 'Hardware Reset' option from its menu, please?

1.png

0 Kudos
SWeis10
Beginner

Tried that, didn't help. Still USB 2.1

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Did the cameras detect correctly as USB 3.1 before you updated to the latest firmware?

0 Kudos
SWeis10
Beginner

The problem is the cable. The only cable that works is the original cable it came with. I have 4-5 different (good quality) cables and none of them work. The original works but it's too short for my application. Can you link to a cable that is known to support USB3 with these cameras, and is longer than the original?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Newnex supply industrial grade USB cables in lengths up to 5 meters that are proven to work with RealSense cameras

https://www.newnex.com/realsense-3d-camera-connectivity.php

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GLQgR1jT04M

0 Kudos
AHaj0
Beginner

I want to connect D435 to my PC, the cable should be straight or cross over?

thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are connecting a D435 to a PC, you should use a USB Type-C cable (A to C). A straight connector will be the easiest fit into a PC.

1.png

0 Kudos
AHaj0
Beginner

It means, cross over is inside camera?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I am not sure what you mean by 'cross over'. The large end goes in the PC and the small end goes in the side of the camera.

0 Kudos