Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Does the Pentium G4560 support the SR300

jlefe2
Novice

I have a G4560 which is above the version restriction but the DCM will not recognize the device when installing. I also have a i7 3770 based system and the drivers install no issue but it is below the processor restriction. Id like some answers please

9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Pentium G4560 has a Kaby Lake (7th generation) architecture so I would expect it to work with SR300, since its minimum requirement is Skylake (the previous 6th generation).

It is very rare for the SR300 to function with pre 6th generation Intel processors, but it has happened before. There is no way to predict in advance what pre-6th generation PCs will or will not work with it though. For example, 5th generation Intel Xeon enterprise processors have a 50-50 chance of working with SR300.

If you get an error message when installation of the DCM fails, could you post an image of it here please?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The SR300 is well-documented for having problems working on some PCs. The problem is usually related to the USB ports on a particular machine rather than the processor. If the PC is not supplying the USB port with power stably enough for the camera's liking then the camera is either not detected or disconnects soon after. Intel spent months working with Microsoft to try to solve the problem. But because the problem occurs somewhat randomly and has more than one cause, a single definitive solution was unable to be developed. So the camera may work fine on one PC and not another, depending on the state of the USB ports on that particular PC.

There are a huge amount of discussions about workarounds. Some of the more popular suggestions include:

• Trying the camera in a different USB 3 port if the PC has one

• Plugging the camera into a mains-powered USB hub instead of directly into the PC

• Plugging a USB-chargeable device such as a tablet or smartphone into the USB 2 port whilst it is switched off so it begins charging, and then plugging the SR300 into the USB 3 port. The charging process can somehow tell the USB system to provide the camera with sufficient power to run.

• Check in the Windows Device Manager whether you have three RealSense drivers - RGB, Depth and Virtual Driver. Depending on your PC, these drivers may all be listed under the 'Imaging Devices' section of the Device Manager, or the RGB one might be listed separately in the Cameras section.

Problems are particularly likely to occur if the Virtual Driver is missing. This is the driver most likely to have installation problems.

• Check in the Windows privacy settings whether Windows is allowed to access your camera. If it is set to Off, set it to On (both for Windows access and for apps access).

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006Aae7SAC

If these suggestions do not work out for you, we can explore further options.

jlefe2
Novice

I have tried multiple usb ports. Even a usb 3.1 PCie AIC. I tried plugging in a phone and the camera still nothing. Il need to buy a powered usb 3.0 adapter https://amzn.to/2FlqSry would this one work? I tried updating the driver through device manager and it gave me a fatal error. Privacy settings are fine.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A mains-powered USB hub has been the most common fix for SR300 problems in the past, though it is not a guaranteed solution in every case.

The example you showed has a micro-USB connector, so it may not fit your PC. Below is an Amazon Canada link to a powered AmazonBasics hub with normal sized USB connector. AmazonBasics is a good brand and was used by Intel for hub testing in their documentation on using multiple RealSense cameras.

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547191665&sr=8-4&keywords=powered+usb+3.0+hub

Also, here is a link to instructions I have written about tackling problems with SR300 driver installation. I would recommend ensuring that the driver installation is okay before purchasing a hub.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006Ab9tSAC

0 Kudos
jlefe2
Novice

Still is not working with powered usb hub

Devices shows up as unknown and when i try to install driver it gives me a fatal error through device manager.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello jlefe2, Could you please let us know if you have tested the camera on another computer? Do you have the same issue there? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
jlefe2
Novice

My other system is an Ivy Bridge based 3770 system. I was able to install the DCM there but its 3rd gen so none of the features will work. Windows hello will work also. But on the pentium system its a no go

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello jlefe2, As MartyG have previously mentioned, the G4560 should work with SR300. But, unfortunately, being unable to install the DCM is a known issue that has no clear fix. The workarounds work in some instances, but not always. Many users have seen some success if they do a factory reset of their PC. You can check out these Troubleshooting steps - https://intel-openport-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos