Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to update my Graphics Driver? I have entered the relevant details on this site but was not given any details that could help. Can anyone here please help?

EParc
Beginner

I wish to use Serato Music Software and have been informed that I need to ensure my Graphics Drivers are up-to-date. I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NW20SF_S, which was updated to Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) when I purchased it in 2018. The driver I am trying to update is: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1). Does anyone have any suggestions and does it change things that the operating system has been updated?

Kind regards,

Eugene.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel does not support Windows 10 on platforms this old. Specifically, only 3rd generation Core processors (and 7 Series chipsets) and newer were supported with official drivers.

Now, this is not to say that Windows 10 will not run on the older processors/chipsets. In fact, it will run fairly well, but understand that many hardware devices are supported only by Microsoft's compatibility drivers - which do not necessarily offer the best performance or provide compatibility with the latest graphics interfaces (such as OpenGL).

To answer your specific question, Microsoft's Compatibility driver is all you have and, since Microsoft has stopped improving this graphics driver, no updates are or will be available.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
EParc
Beginner

I suspected that might be the case. I really appreciate your response anyway. Thank you.

0 Kudos