Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I would like to access both the left and right infrared images but I don't see how to get the right image.

BDavi10
Beginner

I am able to get the left infrared image but I would like to get the right one as well. I have enabled the second stream (index = 2) but I don't see how to capture the frame for the second camera. frameset.InfraredFrame returns the left image and it is working fine but how can I get the right image?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
BDavi10
Beginner

MartyG - thanks for the answer. That is what I needed...

Bob Davies

0 Kudos
BDavi10
Beginner

MartyG - I am now able to get both the left and right infrared images but they are identical. When the streams are enabled, I am putting an index of 1 and then 2 on the EnableStream and it is running fine. The same index 1 and 2 and then used with the get_infrared_frame to obtain the left and right images. What could I change to try to debug this?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Are you setting the left and right streams to have index numbers 1 and 2 in the configuration section at the top of the script, *before* you start the pipeline, please?​

0 Kudos
BDavi10
Beginner

Yes - all the EnableStream calls are before pipeline.start(cfg). I stepped through the code to verify that the frame profile has index 1 and 2 and the only way it would have that is because there was an index 1 and 2 on the EnableStream. There are no other references to the index anywhere in my code. Thanks for your prompt response.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Are you using USB 2 or USB 3 please? Intel support staff say that only one IR stream is available on a USB 2 connection due to bandwidth limitations on USB 2.

0 Kudos
BDavi10
Beginner

MartyG - the port is blue, the label says 3.0, and the device manager says "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller". This is a 2-year old desktop running Windows 10 (updated in December.) I will try using other ports to make sure there is no difference. Thanks again for the response.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Sometimes the camera will be recognized as 2.0 even if it is on a USB 3 port. This can be caused by factors that include using your own choice of USB cable (not all cables are equal quality) or plugging the camera into the USB port slowly instead of quick and firmly.

The camera may also perform better on another port, as you suggested. Sometimes there will be problems on one machine and none on a different one.

A quick way to check your connection is to run the RealSense Viewer program. If the camera gets mis-identified as being USB 2 then the camera name at the top of the options side-panel shows as Intel RealSense USB2​

0 Kudos
BDavi10
Beginner

MartyG - I put this problem aside for a few days. I reviewed the code again this morning and when I grabbed the frame, I had been using frame.clone(). Instead, I just set my videoframe for the infrared = to the frame without using clone. It is working with left and right images. Excellent. Thanks for your help.

Please close this problem.

Bob Davies

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome news - thanks so much for letting us know!​

0 Kudos