Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant does not launch or open

JBieb1
Beginner

I can uninstall and seemingly install intel driver and support assistant, but it never actually shows in tray, opens or works when i scan system on the website.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your NUC?

Doc

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JBieb1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

You can find the information requested by Al.Hill and other useful details for this behavior by providing the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report: 

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

2. Which browsers have you tested? 

3. Do you have any browser plug-ins installed? 

4. Do you get any error message while trying to run the Intel® DSA? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
JBieb1
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

I attached the file you asked for below. I have only tested it on google chrome as of now, and I have a couple of browser plugins installed. I dont get an error message when trying to run intel DSA but it just does not open at all, not even in task manager. Which other browsers would you recommend I try to run it? Thanks for helping thus far.

Regards,

Joey

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JBieb1, 

Thank you for your reply. Please check our recommendations for this behavior below: 

1. Delete the Driver and Support Assistant folder (C: disk > Program Files (x86) > Intel > Driver and Support Assistant):  

• Go to your (C:) drive, open the "Program Files (x86)" folder, inside this folder open "Driver and Support Assistant" and delete all the files inside of it. 
  • Note: Some files will not be able to be deleted, you can use the skip option for those ones. 

2. After deleting the files, uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool

3. Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version

4. You can test different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers. Look here to find out how to check your version of Edge. 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
JBieb1
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

I have followed your instructions, but for some reason I can only uninstall DSA by using the DSA.exe file while the program is "installed". I can't uninstall it using DSA uninstaller tool. For the rest I followed your instructions exactly. I also tried on all browsers you listed but nothing seems to do it. What now?

Regards,

Joey

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JBieb1,  

Thank you for the information, we would like to perform further research about this specific behavior, can you please provide the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions: 

1. Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination). 
  2. Click on "This PC." 
  3. Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder. 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items". 

Regards,  

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JBieb1,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let us know if you need more assistance.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
JBieb1
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

The problem resolved itself when I repaired my windows OS because other issues were also occuring. Thank you for your help with my issue.

regards,

Joey

0 Kudos