Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support assistant tells me "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan."

jbern28
Beginner

where do I get details on where the error originates and how to correct it (I cant find a log)

0 Kudos
37 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your NUC?

Doc

0 Kudos
jbern28
Beginner

sorry I may not be in the good forum category. I did not find a category that fit.

I have trouble with the "INtel Driver and Support Assistant" that scans your system and finds the drivers that need to be updated

What is the NUC ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

A NUC is what you do not have - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc.html

Regarding IDSA, clear your browser cache.

Regarding logs, look in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

What anti-viruse and firewall are you using?

What version of W10? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
jbern28
Beginner

sorry for this question on NUC.

I cleared cache again, nothing changes.

I am under W10 1909 Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Windows firewall and antivirus

this DSA directory contains many files.

launching the IDSA creates/updates 9 of them including a ServiceHelper.log that says "exits with code 0".

the other files do not seem to contains logs but information of my computer Detailed-System-Report.html in particular

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

look for

• updateservice
  • servicehelper
  • tray
  • service

Put them in a zip file and attach it to this thread (using the paperclip). If you do not do a zip file, you will have to paste each one in a separate reply.

Doc

0 Kudos
jbern28
Beginner

here is the file

i do see errors but they are not making sense to me

0 Kudos
jbern28
Beginner

to make logs a little cleaner, I removed DSA application, deleted DSA folder, then reinstall.

still error

here are the new logs

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbern28,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Our team is investigating this issue. We will update this thread as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbern28,

Could you please provide us with all the files in the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) log directory C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (XML and JSON).

Wanner G.

jbern28
Beginner

Hi wannerG

I will be traveling away from home for the next 3 weeks. The problem is on my home computer and i can no longer access it.

When i am back i willl update wjndows, reinstall dsa and check if problem is still here

If it is i will post again.

Sorry for the delay​

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbern28,

We would like to keep this case open.

We will follow up on this issue in three weeks.

Feel free to reply back to this post as soon as you can.

Regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
GRowe3
Beginner

Hi

I have same issue for the last few weeks.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 (1909)

System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.22, 9/12/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Virtual Memory 27.9 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Antivirus BitDefender

Firewall Windows

I have cleared browser cache and used both Chrome and Edge.

I have disabled AV.

I have disabled Domain, Private, and Public Firewalls.

I have uninstalled via Windows and reinstalled with latest Intel download.

I have uninstalled via Intel Uninstall utility and reinstalled with latest Intel download.

0 Kudos
GRowe3
Beginner

Forgot to state that the IDSA widget by the clock indicates there are 2 updates available.

0 Kudos
MVats
Beginner

I'm suddenly having the same issue with my copy. I've done exactly as GRowe3 has, and all I get is the same non-indicative error message that something has gone wrong.

0 Kudos
YLEMO2
Beginner

Exactly the same issue on 5 very different computers, with the 20.1.5.6 version of Intel DSA, same message in red "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.".

This occurs on all my different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, ...) whatever their cache.

Installation of Intel DSA is OK, I have all the expected files in \ProgramData\Intel\DSA, I also tried the Intel uninstaller. before a new installation.

My hardware is fully recon (and detailed in "System-Report.html") ... and I can detect since yesterday a red point (it was green before) in the DSA icon of the taskbar, "one update" is mentioned.

I expect Intel's fellows to solve this problem very quickly, Regards from France 😁😁

0 Kudos
YLEMO2
Beginner

Needless to tell that a lot of previous versions of Intel DSA were 100% OK on all my computers.

As the program is obviously opening and scanning accurately PC's, I suspect some problems at the level of security/firewall, would it be linked to some recent updates of crosoft Win10 Prof 1909 (build 18363.657) ?

In the \ProgramData\Intel\DSA folder, I got an inf file (oemxxx.inf) for each of the Intel IGPU (s).

0 Kudos
YLEMO2
Beginner

my folder DSA...

0 Kudos
GRowe3
Beginner

As stated by my new French friend, IDSA worked flawlessly with previous versions.

0 Kudos
NOkay
Beginner

have the same problem 😕

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello all, please try the following steps and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller Version: 20.1.5.6

2. Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 20.1.5.6

If the problem persists, please provide us with the following information:

A. The latest file from Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

B. The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

C. The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder.

Show hidden files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Wanner G.

0 Kudos