Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel S3200SH Boots to EFI Shell and Won't Accept Input

Profezzional
Beginner

My S3200SH board was working fine until a while ago when I think I was switching out a hard drive. I don't remember exactly what happened, since I'm only getting back to it a few months later, but the symptoms are that the board no longer shows the POST screen, flashes the "press <F2> to go to BIOS" screen, on which it shows that a USB mouse and keyboard are detected (regardless of whether any USB devices are plugged in), then goes to the EFI shell. It shows "Map: cannot find required map name". Throughout this process, neither input from USB nor PS/2 peripherals is accepted, nor in the EFI shell. The num/scroll/caps lock LEDs light up on the keyboard when those keys are pressed, so the USB and PS/2 ports themselves are working.

I've cleared the CMOS both with the jumper and by actually removing the battery, and tried a variety of drives, SATA ports, and operating systems on the drives. Setting the recovery or bmc-force-update jumpers have no effect, along with using a flash drive with an updated version of the bios and the recovery scripts.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoseH_Intel

Hello Profezzional,

Thank you for joining the community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding

You can find the available online resources clicking here

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos