Items with no label
3335 Discussions

PXCMSenseManager not compatible with the 2016 R3

PKuma35
Beginner

I have been using the camera for image acquisition with the older version of the camera (SR300 version 1) as per the old documentation and it is not working with the new camera (SR300 version 2) as per the 2016 R3 SDK Documentation.

Can you please help me troubleshoot this error?

I am getting a Null Reference Exception at this point below:-

NoFail(SenseManager.EnableStream(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, 1280, 720, 30), "Failed to enable color stream.");

The camera fails to start in this case. And the application crashes otherwise.

0 Kudos
35 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

Could you please send us your SDK logs? Here are the corresponding instructions: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_sdkinfo_logging_control.html.

Also, could you please take a screenshot of the application you are running with the black screen?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Hi Andres,

thanks for the information. Please find the zip file containing the logs that you had asked for.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7phWDEkigQWGxNaHNWeGtuVGs/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7phWDEkigQWGxNaHNWeGtuVGs/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Would like to appreciate it if you can arrive at a speedy resolution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

Thank you for sharing the logs.

Could you please share a screenshot of the application you are running with the black screen?

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The application is blank as there is no video now as I have already mentioned.

I dont think that will be of any use now. If you can guide me through some steps to revive the video that will be great.

Thanks again and appreciate your help with this regard. intel_admin intel_corp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

We need to identify if the issue (lack of video output) is related to the camera or if it is related to the application you are developing.

Could you please follow this steps and tell me the outcome:

1. Check if the SDK samples work (CameraExplorer is a good one to try). If the samples work, then we can be sure that the issue is related to application, so please skip to step 4.

2. If the SDK samples do not work, please connect your camera to a different system and try the same SDK samples.

3. If the camera does not work on the new system then the camera is faulty and you should follow a returning process.

4. If the samples work, but your application does not work, then uninstall the SDK and do a completely clean installation of the RS SDK 2016 R3.

6. Clean your application to erase all dll's and object files.

7. Recompile and redeploy the application.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

IntelCorporation : Thanks for your insights, Andres.

But when you say the version of RS SDK 2016 R3, what do you actually mean? The camera and the depth camera manager and SDK Runtime?Can you throw more insights on the same?

And as I have already mentioned, the sample applications work fine. And now, I can see the hardware responding to my application that I am developing after updating the .dll files. But, I cannot see any frames displayed by the application. So, if you have a small snippet that could display some video frames from the camera, it would be great.

Thanks again and appreciate your help. mike_ma_ca MartyG intel_corp takaha4m intel_admin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

Thank you for the updates.

Regarding your question, when I mention RS SDK 2016 R3 ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000023222.html) I mean the library of pattern detection and recognition algorithm implementations that is downloaded here https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download.

As I mentioned in the previous post, if the samples work, but your application does not work, please uninstall the SDK and do a completely clean installation of the RS SDK 2016 (link provided above). Then clean your application to erase all .dll files and object files. Recompile and redeploy the application.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Thanks for your reply.

As I have mentioned already, can you provide me a little snippet for testing the camera within my application?

The camera works fine in the sample code but not in my application. so there is nothing wrong with the drivers or library files.

If you can give a quick snippet to project the image from the camera after initiating the instance function, it will be great.

THANKS AGAIN. WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR REPLY SOON.

0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

So, the issue here as far as I have found out is, Sensemanager.acquireframe is not getting initiated.

When I declare sensemanager.AcquireFrame(true), it throws an error.

Please advise.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

The simplest code you can use to project the image from the camera is the DF_CameraViewer found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\sample\DF_CameraViewer.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

IntelCorporation : Okay, so now I am here with more questions.

The image is not outputted because of the output of psample.depth function.

The output of the depth and the color variable is null which ultimately nulls out the transaction.

Please see the snippet below:-

PXCMSenseManager pp = PXCMSenseManager.CreateInstance();

//PXCMProjection projection = pp.captureManager.device.CreateProjection();

var sample = pp.QuerySample();

PXCMImage depth = sample.depth;

PXCMImage color = sample.color;

Console.WriteLine(sample.color);

Console.WriteLine(sample.depth);

//Console.WriteLine(sample.depth.info);

// if (sample == null) return;

//if (sample.color == null) return;

// if (sample.depth == null) return;

//if (sample.depth.info == null) return;

var vertices = new PXCMPoint3DF32[sample.depth.info.width*sample.depth.info.height];

NoFail(projection.QueryVertices(sample.depth, vertices), "Failed to query vertices");

var uvMap = new PXCMPointF32[sample.depth.info.width*sample.depth.info.height];

NoFail(projection.QueryUVMap(sample.depth, uvMap), "Failed to query uvMap");

var depthImage = sample.depth.GetPreviewImage();

var colorImage = sample.color.GetPreviewImage();

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

Could you please tell me what the issue you are experiencing is and what you are trying to accomplish?

My interpretation is that the issue is "The output of the depth and the color variable is null which ultimately nulls out the transaction." What kind of output you are trying to accomplish?

You mention "The image is not outputted because of the output of psample.depth function." Do you mean "sample.depth function"?

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Hi Andres IntelCorporation

Yes, I am intending to get some output out of the sample.depth function but however, it ends up to be a null output.

How do you want me to approach the same?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Praveen_kumar,

Since you have mentioned that your camera works fine, and the sample codes are working as well, this type of inquiry is beyond the scope of our technical support team.

Debugging customer's code is not part of our support, this is the type of analysis where the community might come in and provide value.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Is there any difference in the landmark points between the 2016 R2 and 2016 R3 version of the SDK?

0 Kudos